Part One

* I just wanted you guys to have a visual when imaging Hazel *

| Hazel |

Just one more week, I thought to myself watching the clock on the wall tick for what felt like years.

One more week until Fall Break. Five more minutes until the end of this Anatomy class. It didn't feel like either of those things could come fast enough.

Usually it isn't this bad but today the only person who ever makes this class tolerable decided to torture me and not show up. Just my luck, huh?

"Well that's the end of my lecture for today class. Don't forget about your check offs for our midterm next week. Please come prepared & knowing all of the material in chapters 1 through 10." My anatomy professor announced as me and the rest of the class began to pack up our things.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of completing another check off for the semester. We've had two already, how much more can we prove we know about the human body.

I sighed, throwing my backpack over my shoulder and walking towards my car.

Just wait until I get home. This girl is not going to hear the end of it for leaving me to suffer all alone and not even telling me she wasn't coming.

• • •

"Riri I really need you-" I exclaimed busting into her room, quickly shutting up after discovering someone sitting on the bed next to her.

"Hi" I smiled, embarrassed by how dramatic I was about to be.

"Hey Hazel!" Riri smiled standing up, walking towards me. "This is Shuri" she gestured to the girl sitting on her bed. "Shuri, this is my best friend and roommate, Hazel"

"Nice to meet you" Shuri smiled, looking in my direction.

She looked about our age with chocolate brown skin and a curly mohawk sitting on top of her head. I heard many stories about her and her family from Riri, but I've never actually had the privilege of seeing her in person.

Hm, I guess it makes sense why she ditched me now. The queen of the most amazing country and person who basically saved her life coming to town isn't something that happens on a daily basis.

"You too, I'm just gonna steal Riri for a minute if you don't mind."

I grabbed Riri's arm and pulled her out of the room before anyone had a chance to say anything else.