Part Seven

| Hazel |

It had been a few weeks since the situation with Andre and I was finally starting to feel like myself again. I think Riri had given up on me telling her what happened that night and decided to respect my boundaries.

Me and Shuri were getting closer, meaning my feelings for her were definitely growing. Some nights when I couldn't sleep she would let me come sleep with her. We've spent basically every Friday night together since she didn't have anything going on and Riri was out doing whatever she does in her garage.

I still wasn't sure where her and Bria stood but I decided to stop overthinking it and just appreciate our friendship. Bria did come over like twice a week so I kind of assumed whatever it was, it was getting serious.

It was currently Friday night and me and Shuri were sitting in the living room playing Never Have I Ever, which she had never played until I introduced it to her.

"Are you serious?" I asked, laughing at her response to being asked has she ever had a pet.

"I know, my childhood was.. different" She laughed.

"I hate that for you." I continued laughing. "I think we should make this game a little more interesting." I smirked, walking over to the pantry in the kitchen.

"And how are we going to do that?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

I pulled out a bottle of tequila that was sitting on the bottle shelf.

"Hazel, no" She laughed, shaking her head.

"Oh come on" I responded, poking my bottom lip out. "It'll be fun"

"For who?"

"Pleaseeeeeee" I begged, giving her the face that usually makes her give in.

"Fine" She rolled her eyes.

I did a little happy dance, grabbing two shot glasses and joining her back on the couch.

"Okay so now if you've ever done it, you have to take a shot." She rolled her eyes at me yet again, taking one of the shot glasses from my hand.

We continued on with our game trying to name things that we knew both of us had done so we could make the other take a shot.

Shuri was about four shots in when I noticed her constant giggling.

"Don't tell me you're a lightweight" I said, laughing.

"I don't know what I am. but I know I'm feeling good right now." She giggled some more making me laugh.

"Oh my gosh, you are." I grabbed my shot glass and poured another shot, throwing it down my throat. I was ready to be on whatever level she was on.

"Come here" She mumbled reaching her arms out to me before pulling me onto her lap, making me face her with my legs wrapped around her waist.

"What?" I laughed as she snuggled her face into my chest.

"Nothing, I just wanted to be close to you. You smell good." She commented, basically inhaling me, making me laugh.

We sat there for a moment just enjoying our interaction with each other.

She rubbed up and down my sides, sending chills down my spine as I ran my hands through her curls.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, breaking our silence.

"Sure" She mumbled, her face still in my chest.

"What's going on with you and Bria?"

She laughed at my question, pulling herself back to look at me.