Part Nine

| Hazel |

It was the day before Thanksgiving and we had just arrived at my moms house. We usually spend the holidays together since we loved each other's families so much, it only made sense.

Shuri had planned to go back to Wakanda for a while, but Riri insisted she at least spend Thanksgiving with us.

"Hiiii," I squealed walking into the living room where everyone was sitting.

They instantly hopped up, embracing Riri and I with hugs.

I hadn't seen them since I went back to school and I know they missed me just as much as I missed them.

"Riri, We've missed you." My mom announced, bringing her into a hug.

Or maybe not.

"Oh thanks mom" I commented, rolling my eyes.

"You know we've missed you too" She laughed, hitting my arm. "And?" She asked, looking over at Shuri who was still standing in the doorway.

"Oh, this is Shuri" I said, motioning for her to come over. "She's a friend of Riri's"

"Ohhhh," my mom said, putting her face to her name. "It's nice to meet you" She smiled.

"And these are my sisters, Hayleigh and Hanna" They smiled, waving.

"It's really nice to meet all of you" She said, smiling.

"Hanna, may you show our lovely guest their rooms?" My mom asked my little sister, who nodded before skipping off upstairs while my mom pulled me into the kitchen.

"She's cute" my mom commented, referring to Shuri.

"I guess." I shrugged, already knowing where the conversation was heading.

"You've never brought anyone home... but Riri..."

"She's a friend of Riri's" I repeated, rolling my eyes.

"Mm. Well.. I'm just saying.. You might wanna keep her hidden from Madison" She shrugged.

"Madison's coming?" I groaned at the sound of her name.

Madison was my least favorite cousin. She was the same age as me and we basically grew up together.

Every time she knew I was the slightest bit attracted to someone, she made sure to hook up with them first, hence the dislike for her.

What an amazing cousin, right?

"Yup." My older sister said chiming in. "She is cute tho, you should hop on that"

"Where did you even come from" I laughed. "Im not hopping on anything."

"That's too bad. If Madison doesn't take her, I might have to" She said, popping a grape into her mouth.

"I'd like to see you try" I mumbled under my breath, making her and my mom laugh.

• • •

Some hours had passed and we were in the kitchen preparing food for our meal tonight.

Madison had arrived like an hour ago and she had been in Shuri's face since she stepped through the door.

"Something bothering you?" Riri asked, noticing me staring at Shuri and Madison who was sitting at the kitchen table, talking and laughing.

"Why does everyone want literally the only person I've ever wanted so bad" I groaned, throwing my head back.

"Maybe if she knew you wanted her...." Riri suggested making me give her a death glare.

"If it were that easy..."