Part Twelve

| Hazel |

"Wait, so you really haven't talked to her since we left your moms?" Riri asked in a surprised tone.

We had just gotten out of our last class of the semester. We decided to go downtown for a smoothie date to celebrate.

"Nope" I responded. sitting down in my seat.

"That was two weeks ago."

"Yeah, I know." I sighed.

I was talking to her about Shuri and her lack of communication since we returned home from Thanksgiving break.

She hasn't said two words to me and everytime we're in the same room, she acts like I'm not even there.

I wasn't sure why, but I decided to stop stressing about it and return them same energy.

"That's weird, even for her."

I shrugged, taking a sip of my smoothie and leaning back into my chair.

"I guess... but anyway. We're definitely going to Live tonight, right?" I smiled, doing a little dance.

"Oh, for sure!" She laughed.

At the end of every semester, everyone from school would agree on a spot to go out and celebrate. This semester it was Live, a new nightclub that had just opened up downtown.

"But..." She hesitated, "I'll probably have to invite Shuri."

"I guess that would be the polite thing to do." I shrugged, "It doesn't matter, it's not like she's talking to me anyway" I laughed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" She asked, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Riri, I'm fine." I rolled my eyes. "Her loss, right?"

"Damn right." She agreed, smiling at my optimism.

"Mmk. Now let's talk outfits" I demanded, making her roll her eyes.

• • •

I was sitting on the floor of my closet pouting when Riri came in with her guest following behind her.

"Hazel we literally have to leave in 20 minutes, what's going on?" Riri asked, looking at the pile of clothes in front of me.

"I can't find anything to wear" I whined, throwing more clothes into the pile.

"I see several things you can wear" She argued, coming to look through the pile of clothes. "On second thought..."

"Exactly"

"Wait, remember that dress you let me borrow that one time? I still have it. You can wear that" She ran out before I had a chance to answer.

"You left your guest." I mumbled, referring to Shuri who was standing in the doorway, staring at me.

"Her guest?" She responded, laughing.

Oh, I guess she's talking to me again.

"Here" Riri said throwing the dress at me, trying to catch her breath from running around the apartment.

"Thanks. Get out" I demanded, stripping out of my clothes.

It was an emerald green dress with long sleeves that stopped mid-thigh. It hugged every curve on my body.