Part Twenty Seven

| Hazel |

"So you're actually going on the date?" Riri asked, as I searched through the closet, looking for something to wear.

"I mean yeah, I told him that I would. Why? Should I not?" I asked, sticking my head out of the door.

She gave me a small eyebrow raise and shrugged her shoulders.

"What does that mean?"

"I don't know... Do you want to go?"

"It wouldn't hurt. It's not like I have that many options."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Why don't you just tell me what you're really thinking right now." I suggested, sitting beside her on the bed.

I already knew exactly what she was thinking, and a part of me was hoping she would say something that would deter me from going.

She sighed, hesitating to give me a response. "Look, I just know that Shuri is going to be leaving soon..."

"You know when she's leaving?" I asked, cutting her off.

"That's not what I said." I could tell by her lack of eye contact that she was giving me that she did in fact know.

"When is she leaving?"

"Soon..."

"I'm never told anything. You guys love keeping secrets from me"

"It's not a secret but, why would we tell you...?" She asked, looking at me with puzzled look on her face.

"Because we're.. friends. I would wanna know if you left and went somewhere." I shrugged, trying to play it off.

"That's different. We've been friends since we were 8 and we haven't slept together." She said, making me roll my eyes.

"Anyway.." I mumbled

"I think we can all agree ,literally everyone can agree, that both of you need to quit with the games and figure it out before she leaves."

"No one's playing games." I said, rolling my eyes. "It's figured out. We're friends."

"Mhm." She hummed, looking down at her phone. "Just don't wait until she's gone to realize that you actually want more."

I let out a sigh, thinking over her words. Being friends is what's best for us. We haven't had any drama or disagreements since we've agreed to just be friends.

That's the way it should be, right?

"Are you done looking for something to wear?" Riri asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Oh yeah, back to that." I responded, getting up and going back to my closet.

"Where are you guys going?" She asked, joining me.

"Some drive in movie theater."

"Really?" She said giving me a straight face, pressing her lips together. "We're doing all of this for you to go sit in a car in the dark? Literally just throw on some sweats and a hoodie and call it a day."

I laughed, rolling my eyes. "I looked cuter than that even for my date with Shuri."

"You and Shuri went on a date?" She asked in shock.

"Yeah."

I had forgotten to tell her about it since we weren't on the best of terms when it happened.

"Hm." She hummed.

"What?" I looked over to see her pondering her thoughts.

"Shuri's never taken anyone on a date."