Part Fifteen

| Hazel |

Shuri and I had been connected at the hip all day. I guess it was her way of trying to get back into my good graces.

She sat beside me on the couch as I scrolled through Tiktok, showing her all of the funny ones. We had been doing this for the past hour.

"Let's go for a walk." She suggested, pulling me up before I could answer.

"Sure." I responded sarcastically, knowing I didn't have a choice.

We walked in silence as we headed to a park that was nearby. The air was cool and the street glowed from the Christmas lights that were on every corner.

I spotted an empty bench, heading towards it when we finally reached our destination.

I sat down, taking advantage of the quiet and peaceful setting.

The cool breeze hit my body causing me to shiver. "Are you cold?" She asked, sitting down beside me.

"No, Im fine." I lied, hugging myself.

"I can literally hear your teeth chattering." She laughed, taking her jacket off and wrapping it around me, pulling me closer to her.

I felt myself starting to relax in her arms as I inhaled the scent of her from her jacket, snuggling into it.

We sat there for what felt like hours talking about about literally any and everything we could think of.

"How are you?" She randomly asked as she nuzzled her chin into the top of my head.

"I'm fine." I answered out of habit.

"No. How are you?" She asked again in a different tone this time.

"I'm okay." I shrugged. She sat quietly waiting for me to go on. "I'm happy you're back." I smiled, looking up at her. She gave me a small smile back before place a kiss on my forehead.

"I'm happy to be back." She continued looking at me like she had a thought that she wanted to express.

"What's on your mind?" I whispered, snuggling back into her jacket.

She sighed, holding me tighter. "Riri told me about what happened."

"You and Riri sure do talk about me a lot" I chuckled, "but you're going to have to elaborate."

"Andre.. The panic attack." Every time I heard his name, my whole body tensed up. "Relax" She whispered, feeling it.

"Oh.. Is that what that was?" I laughed softly.

"You wanna talk about it?" She asked, keeping  it straight forward, knowing I was trying to deflect.

"Not really. I just wanna enjoy this moment with you."

She nodded, taking my hand in hers, using her thumb to caress the back of it.

"How are you?" I asked, returning the same tone she gave me.

"Better now that I'm with you."

I smiled as butterflies filled my stomach "How was it being back home? Did they miss you?"

"They did. I didn't realize how much I missed it." I could hear the happiness in her voice as she talked. "But I couldn't help but feel like I was missing something." She sighed.

"What did you feel like you were you missing?" I asked curiously.

My phone began vibrating before she had the chance to respond. I looked down to see my moms name pop up on the screen.