Part Three

| Hazel |

"Honeyssss I'm Home! And I brought Chineseee!"

The echo of Riris voice caused Shuri and I to jump
back from each other and to separate ends of the couch before our lips had the chance to touch.

"What are you guys doing?" Riri's voice sounded suspicious as she walked over to us.

"Nothing" We answered simultaneously as we avoided eye contact with her and each other.

"Hm." She answered, not convinced "Well I brought us some Chinese food and was hoping we could have a little movie night." She danced, holding the containers of noodles in her hand.

"Do we actually have a choice?" Shuri asked jokingly

"Wow, look at that. You've only been here 24 hours and you already know the rules. Of course you don't." Riri laughed before squeezing herself on the couch between us.

"That sounds good" I answered finally looking at her and smiling. "Just give me a few minutes. I wanna change into something a little more comfortable."

She just nodded as I got up and headed towards my room.

Though I was coming to change I was also coming to freak out about what just happened.

Well could've happened.

Almost happened.

Was Shuri actually going to kiss me? Or am I just over analyzing the situation?

I let out a loud sigh throwing myself against the bed allowing myself to overthink every aspect of the interaction for a little bit longer.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Girl can you move faster, we would like to eat tonight" Riri yelled through the door.

I quickly threw something on and headed back to the living room.

"So what're we watching?" I asked sitting down criss cross beside Riri who was still in the middle, separating me & Shuri.

"Hm. Let's see." She scrolled through the movies, making sure to click Horror under the category section.

I looked down at my phone and back up to see her hitting play on "It".

"Riri nooo," I whined, "you know I hate scary movies. Especially this scary movie."

"Yeah, I know" She smirked picking up a lo mein noodle and popping it into her mouth.

I grabbed a blanket from the basket beside the couch and threw it over my head preparing to stay under her for the entire movie.

I peeked my head out when I heard soft snores coming from beside me. I looked down at my phone noticing that I had been under this blanket for approximately an hour and a half.

Thank God she fell asleep.

How in the world was she able to sleep peacefully knowing there's a clown dancing on the TV and eating peoples children, I will never know.

"Are you actually watching this?" I whispered to Shuri who was still staring at the screen.

"Not really" She laughed giving me permission to turn it off.

I grabbed the remote and began clicking through the channels eventually landing on Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

I noticed it was around three in the morning & I was the furthest thing from sleepy.