Part Twenty Nine

| Hazel |

As much as I had hoped that Shuri's confession would mean something, it actually felt like it didn't.

We hadn't talked to each other since that night, and if we did it was a simple Hi and Bye.

We were kind of avoiding each other and anyone around could tell that with how tense it was whenever we were in the same room.

She wouldn't even look at me.

I let out a groan as the alarm on my phone went off, meaning it was time to get up and get ready for class. The semester had just started and I was already over it.

The only thing that made it semi-tolerable was knowing that I would see KJ.

I sluggishly got out of bed, almost immediately deciding that it would be a lazy day.

I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face, throwing on some leggings and Shuri's jacket, making sure to inhale the little scent that was left of her.

It was comforting.

"Morning." I mumbled as I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a banana from the countertop.

"Good morningggg!" Riri sang, making me roll my eyes.

How she was so filled with glee this early in the morning, I'll never know.

She watched, holding in her laughter as me and Shuri continued to be awkward, avoiding eye contact.

"You guys are hilarious." Riri said, grabbing her keys from the counter. "Let's go."'

I sighed, following behind her down the stairs and to the car.

The car ride was silent as it usually is in the mornings.

I sat there trying to figure out why Shuri was acting the way that she was and what I could do to make it less awkward.

Nothing was making sense in my head.

A smile took over as I spotted KJ the moment we pulled into the parking lot.

"Byeeeee" I said to Riri hoping out of the car before she could respond.

I walked over to where he was waiting for me just like he normally does.

"Goodmorning" I smiled as he embraced me.

"Goodmorning beautiful"

Isn't he the sweetest.

He grabbed my hand as we made our way to our calculus class, earning a few glances on the way.

"Ooooou" Mallory smirked as I took my seat beside her and Riri

"Shut up" I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Why are avoiding Shuri?" Riri asked, before we had the chance to talk more about what they had just witnessed.

"Who's avoiding her?" I responded, pulling my things out of my book bag.

She gave me a blank stare, pressing her lips together.

"Oooou," Mallory sang, "Something happened."

"No it did not, and I would love if we didn't have this conversation right now."

"I leave for one weekend." Riri sighed.

"And we're fine." I shrugged.

"They definitely slept together again." Mallory smirked

"Would you keep your voice down." I glanced over at KJ whose seat was across the room and attention was focused on the board in front of us.

"They did!" Riri agreed, joining Mallory in smirking.