Part Four

| Hazel |

Finally. Fall Break.

Riri and I had just gotten out of our anatomy class and was headed back to the apartment. It felt like a breath of fresh air to know that I didn't have to look at another assignment for a week. 

"So what's our fall break plans?" Riri asked, breaking the silence.

Usually we would take this time and go on a road trip, but this year we decided not to which worked out since Shuri was here.

I haven't talked to her since that night on the balcony. She was always busy with meetings and usually I was asleep when she was awake and she was asleep when I was awake. I've been using Andre as a way to distract me from whatever confusing feelings I felt arising for her.

"Well," I started. "Andre invited me to go to his sisters wedding with him on Sunday. Besides that, I'm free"

"A wedding? That sounds serious"

"I don't think so." I shrugged. "He just needed a date and since we've been going on dates I guess it just made sense"

"Hazel, it's his sisters wedding. You're going to meet his family. That's not "not serious"."

I rolled my eyes trying to think of anything that would change the subject at this moment. I mean she's not wrong but I think it's just a harmless date.

"Anyway, what were you thinking we should do?" I asked hoping to not discuss this wedding anymore.

"I'm glad you asked" She smiled a smile that more than likely meant trouble. "Bria is throwing a party tomorrow. I think we should go. It's actually more we're going than a suggestion"

I groaned hearing that name come from her mouth. Don't get me wrong, Bria was a cool girl but her parties were a different story. It took me a whole week to get over my hangover from the last party she threw.

"And you think that's a good idea?" I asked as we pulled into our complex.

"I do, and I think it would be really good for Shuri to experience."

"Shuri? Shuri doesn't strike me as someone who likes a party."

"She's never experienced a Bria party" She responded smirking.

"Whatever" I sighed knowing I wasn't going to win this battle. "I guess we can add it to the plans"

•      •      •     

I was laying in bed, curled up with a glass of wine as PND & Drake's "Come and See Me" played through my speakers. This was my way of charging my social battery since I knew I would have to be surrounded by people all weekend.

I was alone as usual while Riri and Shuri were out doing whatever it is that their busy schedules consist of.

At least that's what I thought until I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I yelled, taking a moment to look up from my phone.

"Hi" Shuri said as she entered the room and walked over to where I was.