Part Nineteen

| Hazel |

"You broke your promise." A disappointed Shuri said, making me look up. "There's no need to cry, it's okay." She joked, sitting beside me.

"Shut up." I laughed, wiping away my tears.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I sniffled.

"Hm, you undermine my intelligence quite a lot." She said, making me laugh again.

"Stop making me laugh."

"Well tell me what's wrong."

"I talked to her." I said, letting out a sigh.

"I'm guessing it didn't go good?"

"I just don't know if we can even still be friends after this." My voice cracked as more tears filled my eyes.

"What happened?"

I took a deep breath in, contemplating if I wanted to tell her what Riri had just confessed. "She still has feelings for you." I mumbled under my breath.

She remained quiet, processing what I had just told her.

"Hm."

"Thats it? That's your reaction?" I asked, confused. "Did you already know this? Did she tell you too?"

"No, she didn't tell me anything." She responded, trying to calm me down.

I sighed, hesitating to ask my next question. "Do you feel the same? You can tell me the truth." My voice was barely above a whisper and I couldn't bring myself to look at her.

She placed her hand under my chin, making me look at her.

"No."

She had a soft look in her eyes that made me believe what she was saying. Like she would never lie to me or hurt me.

"I only want you." She confessed.

I let out a sigh of relief, giving her a small smile.

"This is the part where you tell me only want me too." She joked, making me laugh.

"I do."

I stretched my arms out to her, pulling her into a hug. Her arms wrapped around my waist as she buried her face into my neck.

It amazed me how secure I felt whenever I was in her arms. How vulnerable I felt I could be with her whenever she held me.

"You're ruining the moment." I mumbled as she began to place kisses up and down my neck.

I felt her smirk before she pulled back, keeping her arms wrapped around me.

"Let's go on a date."

"What?"

"Let's go on a date." She repeated slowly as if I didn't hear her the first time. "Right now."

"Shuri where are we going on a date at this time." I laughed, still in shock from her suggestion.

"You'll see. Get dressed and let me know when you're ready. Wear something comfortable and warm." She responded, getting up and walking out the door.

I sat there for a moment trying to figure out if she was actually being serious or not.

She popped her head back into my room laughing, "Why are you still sitting there. Get dressed." She demanded, rolling her eyes.

"Okay mom."

I finally got up, walking over to my closet to find something comfortable and warm to put on.

I ended up settling on a black pair of leggings and a red and white MIT sweatshirt I had gotten my first semester. I paired it with a pair of brown Ugg boots.