⭐️| Dying in Their Arms • HC's |

Summary
For those who like angst, here's what I imagine dying (an unnatural death) in the demon bros' arms would be like.

Content warnings: Descriptions of death, hopelessness, grief, disordered eating, and self-destructive coping mechanisms.

• • •

❤️Lucifer

• "NO!" He's in horrified disbelief, but forces himself to accept the grim reality of the situation so that he can help you as much as possible.

• "_____," he takes you into his arms and softly calls your name, imploring that you stay with him a little longer.

• He holds you so closely, speaking every healing spell he knows of; until you say his name and gently tell him to 'stop,' because you know it's too late. Deep down, he knows it too.

• His instinct is to beg 'Please, no. Please don't go, I love you, I don't know how to live without you,' but he wants your last memories of him to be happy ones. So instead, he takes a shaky breath and collects himself as well as he can.

• "Shh, _____, my dear _____. Listen to me. I love you more than anything. The time I've spent with you have been the best years of my entire existence. You are, and forever will be, the greatest joy of my life. My love for you is endless. Our love is one that will never die. So do not fret; For my heart will be with you always, and the memory of us shall live forever."

• He rests his head on your chest, listening to your dwindling heartbeat and whispering "I love you, I love you," again and again. When all that is left is silence, he weeps, and refuses to move for hours.

• • •

💛Mammon

• He refuses to believe what's happening: "Hey! Say somethin'! _____!! Talk to me!! Come on, come on! Get UP!!"

• He puts a hand under your head and one on your shoulders to softly lift you.

• "H-hey, It's gonna be ok, _____. Trust me, this time tomorrow, we'll be hangin' out like we always have. I'm right here. Mammon's here. I love ya, _____. Just hang on a little longer, ok? Stay with me, ya know you can't leave the Mammon hangin, right? It's gonna be okay."

• He gives you a kiss on the head and rubs your arms as he touches his head to yours. He shakily breathes with you, and painfully listens as your breath slows.

• "You're too special to die," he says, voice cracking when he realizes what's happening. "Damn it!" He's barely holding back tears. "Damn it ____, I love you. I'm sorry, this just ain't right. I'll love you forever though, okay? So don't you worry about a thing. I'll find you and bring ya back home! Yeah, that's right. Mammon's got everything covered. You just gotta wait for me and I'll be there. You know I'm always here for you."

• He holds your face in his hands like the most delicate and precious jewel, reassuring you that 'it's ok' and 'I love ya.'  Eventually, your breathing peacefully slows to a stop.

• "No... please no..." something inside him breaks when he can't feel you breathing anymore. "Please, please, please-!!" He begs to Lucifer, to Diavolo, to God, to anyone for help, for something to change, for it to all be a cruel joke, for you to wake up. But nothing happens. And nothing ever will.