💘Play Fight • Thirteen [Request]💘

Summary
Based on @KitariChan 's request for a Thirteen X Lesbian Reader story. She/Her pronouns for MC.

• • •

"Hey, guess what?" Thirteen said with a suspicious glint in her eye.

"Wha-" MC absentmindedly turned her head and immediately got a plushie whipped at her face.

Thirteen chaotically cackled. "BAHAHAHA!! You're too EASY!"

MC rolled her eyes and threw the dragon plushie back at her, which she caught with ease. "What was that for?" MC asked.

Thirteen patted the head of the adorable dragon. "I'm bored." In all honestly, that was her motivation for doing most things in life.

MC softly scoffed and shut the book she was skimming through. "Fine. Guess what?"

Were the tables about to turn? Thirteen playfully put her fists up and shifted side to side like a boxer in the ring. "What, you gonna come get a piece of THIS?!" She threw some punches into the air to accentuate the threat. MC had no doubt that she could cause serious damage if she tried. She also knew that all Thirteen ever wanted was some fun and chaos; never to actually hurt anyone.

MC leisurely strolled closer to her. "Yes I am, actually." Thirteen lightly 'punched' MC as she entered her swinging range.

"Take that! And that! And that!"

But as MC stepped even closer, Thirteen lowered her hands and decided to rest them at her partner's hips. She softly gazed in anticipation as MC swooped down and started to kiss her.

The reaper relaxed her shoulders and forgot all about her devious plans in the comfort of the embrace. It really wasn't fair for her to pull out such a show-stopping move, but Thirteen couldn't bring herself to mind too much.

Until MC pulled away and pushed her onto the bed.

"Gwuh!"

The hopelessly in love side of Thirteen secretly hoped that her girlfriend would climb on top of her so they could keep making out, and watch a cool movie, maybe have sex, take a nice nap, wake up and cuddle some more, go on a date, walk through some flower fields and dangerous caves together, find hidden treasure, maybe get married a little later if she wanted to (it was crucial that Thirteen proposed with a treasure that she found on one of their adventures), potentially engage in some extremely forbidden magic to keep MC alive past the normal human life expectancy, and live the rest of their lives together forever and ever.

But what actually happened is MC started loading up an armful of plushies and slinging them at her.

"Hey, HEY!! PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE! CHEATER! CHEATERR!!" She hollered between obnoxious laughs. MC was laughing too, and there was no shortage of stuffed animals to use as ammunition. The two had built up quite an army, constantly buying them for each other as gifts.

Refusing to accept defeat, Thirteen initiated the forbidden combat method of bicycle kicking the air. "Get BACK cretin!"

"Cretin?!" MC asked with exaggerated offense.

"That's what you get for making my own animals turn against me!"

"Ok, ok! Truce then?"

"Hmm." Thirteen pretended to contemplate it for a bit, as if she could ever dream of being at war with her for too long. "Sure. Truce for now, since you insist." With that, the two shook hands, and Thirteen pulled Mc onto the bed with her. The reaper quietly admired her eyes. She didn't like them for something silly like their color or whatever, but for the soul that she could see through them. It was something beautiful and bright and complicated and precious, and she didn't want anyone else to have it.

But that meant she'd have to reap her one day.

"Looking at my soul?" MC nonchalantly asked.

"Pfft. No." If anyone was going to take this human's soul, it would be her. It had to be.

"Looking at your reflection in my eyes, then?" MC started to caress a hand through her brightly dyed hair. Was it a bad idea for a reaper to like a human this much?

"Obviously! Checking to see if my eyeliner is even."

"It is." MC shut her eyes with a smug smile.

"Hey!"

Thirteen decided a while ago that she didn't care about what it meant for a reaper to love a human, and that concepts like "bad" and "good" were wayy too boring and arbitrary to matter as much as her feelings for her.

"You're so goofy sometimes," Thirteen complained. She touched MC's hand, never wanting it to leave her hair.

"You're just rubbing off on me."

MC's mortal recklessness was rubbing off on her, too. "Hmmph. Come here." She beckoned, holding her beautiful face in her hand. When the human's eyes fluttered open, she wanted to say something profound. Like a profession of admiration or promise to be there for her forever. But she wasn't very poetic. "Thanks."

"For what?"

"I dunno. All the plushies. Playing with me. Testing my traps." She cursed in her head. All those things made the human sound like her little errand-runner. And that got her wondering why the heck MC decided to stick around with her for so long.

She couldn't handle MC's gentle smile. Her face was so close and she could smell her fragrance and see the sparkle of her soul and feel her hand on her side and their legs getting tangled. Her response was so simple. "Of course, I love you."

"Why?" She blurted out.

MC rolled on top of her and gently stroked her hair. Thirteen hugged her. Her weight was comforting. "Because you're fun, and bright, and I love talking with you. And you find little ways to help me and soothe me all the time, even though you won't admit it outright. I know you care about me, and I feel loved by you every day."

"Oh. Good." Thirteen hugged her tighter. "FYI, I love you more though."

"FYI, we can fight about that later. I'd rather kiss for now."

"Hmm, okay." Thirteen closed her eyes and kissed her for each plushie on the bed, each hour they spent together, and each century she somehow lived without her, just to make up for lost time.

• • •

A/N- Thirteen is so fun to write, would recommend.