💛Pillow Fort • Scenario💛

"I think it still needs more pillows," you commented. The pillow fort you built with Mammon was pretty spacious, but you wanted it to be coziness as possible. You turned to grab another pillow off the couch, only to realize there were none left.

"Where the heck are we gonna find more pillows?? I ain't stealing Belphie's or Lucifer's..." Mammon replied from the floor, setting down another blanket in the fort. "C'mon, we've got enough pillows. Help me with the interior decoration!"

He disappeared into the fort, the curtain of blankets at the entrance covering him up. You only realized you were smiling at him once the corners of your lips fell.

"C'mon human, hurry up! The great Mammon doesn't got all day!!"

You huffed at his second remark, kneeling down and crawling into the fort with him. He faced away from you, laying down more pillows and blankets. "It's night, you know," you said.

He turned your way and scooted closer to you. "Huh?? What about it?"

"The Great Mammon doesn't have all day, but it's night-time."

"Ohh look at you bein so clever. If ya wanted me to say that I'm spending my valuable free time with you because you're special to me, just say so!"

Special to you?

The lights above his bed were dimmed, shining through the slew of blankets above you two. The cozy fort was reminiscent of a warm little den. You blinked when Mammon switched on a dim lamp that illuminated his pretty face. You felt inclined to brush his hair from his eyes and pull him closer, though you couldn't help but hesitate. "C'mon, let's share a blanket." He whispered. "There's only one left."

It was quite late in the night, your eyelids starting to feel heavy at the mention of a blanket. It was difficult not to glance at his shoulders and exposed arms, covered only by the white tank top he wore to sleep. You shuffled closer, allowing him to drape his fluffy blanket over you. The two of you sat facing each other, the blanket keeping you together. You wanted to reach out and touch him.

"You tired yet?"

"No," you lied.

"You look tired," he insisted with a giggle.

You crinkled your nose and playfully frowned at him. "Well YOU look..." Your exhausted mind tried to come up with some witty response, but the only words you thought of were cute, pretty, handsome, sweet... You sighed, letting your eyes shut. "Yeah, I'm tired."

You kept your eyes closed, needing a second to rest them and collect your breath. You loved spending time with Mammon, but it grew overwhelming to deal with the heat in your chest that flared up whenever he touched you or said sweet things or... shared a blanket with you.

Just as your thoughts started to drift away, Mammon gulped a little too audibly.

Your eyes fluttered open to see him gazing at you with the gentlest and sweetest grin you'd ever seen.

"I thought you were gonna fall asleep right there like that," he murmured.

"I guess I should go back to bed, huh..." You didn't make a single move to leave. You didn't want to go yet. His big cozy blanket faintly smelled of his cologne, and he was sitting so close to you.

"I want you to stay," he blurted out.

"I want me to stay too," you reflexively said.

You again felt compelled to brush his hair out his eyes to see the soft look he gave you with more ease; or to pull him against you, and tie your hearts together so that they would cease to long for the other when you were apart.

You leaned forward and rested your body against his, loosely placing your arms at his sides. It seemed so natural to be this close to him, and for his warmth to mix with yours. It was relaxing to rest against something, especially him. "It's cozy here. Goodnight," you mumbled.

He yelped at the closeness, the sound piercing your ears. "H-hey, WAIT a second-!"

"Ok. One."

"That ain't what I meant and you know it!!"

You curled your arms around him with a giggle, feeling the way his chest tensed up. "I'm waiting."

"I-I mean, C'mon, if you're gonna sleep you should lay down. It's just- common sense!"

He squeaked when you pulled him down to lay on the cozy pillows and blankets he set up. You tucked your head against his shoulder and finally felt his arms wrap around you too.

"Mmk, goodnight," you mumbled.

"Aghh! Jus' wait a second, ok?? I wanted to hang out for a reason!!"

"A reason?"

"Y-yeah, I wanted to talk."

You trailed your hand up to his hair, stroking your fingers through the tangles. "Talk?"

He took a shallow breath, holding you just a little closer. "You know I... care about you, right?"

"Obviously," you chuckled, softly scratching the back of his head. "I care about you too."

"Well-!! I care about you a lot! I want to be this close with you... always."

"Well aren't you romantic," you teased.

He scrunched his eyebrows and blushed, doing a horrible job at keeping himself composed. "Well DUH, of course The Great Mammon is a Swooner!!"

"Shut up, I love you."

"...I love you too... dummie..."

"Dummie? Ok, I was going to kiss you but that's just rude."

He immediately looked shocked, then put on the face he made whenever he was about to complain about not having something. Before he could, you gently took the side of his face in your hand and pressed your lips to his. His hand mimicked your motion, reaching up to hold your cheek.

He was so lovingly slow and gentle and warm.

Your noses brushed against each other as you pulled away. His half-lidded crystal blue gaze gave you the impression that he wanted more. You loved it, you loved him, and you loved his greed and kisses. "You're perfect just the way you are, Mammon. I care about you so much. I like everything about you. So just be honest with me, ok?"

"I like everything about you too, Y/N. You're seriously crazy, goin around sayin' and doin' stuff like this to me..."

You ran your fingers through his hair one last time. "We can spend more time together tomorrow. I'm going to sleep now, ok?" You intertwined your legs with his, softly smiling when he got flustered all over again.

"Y-yeah, g'night."

You kissed his chin and shut your eyes. You squeezed him in your arms, to let him know you would still be there for him in the morning, and all the mornings after that. "G'night Mammon."