3

NADIA BIANCHI POV...

"Your birthday is tomorrow right? What do you have planned?"

I sighed "I have work tomorrow Polina, I won't be chance for it"

She pouts "Your shift at the restaurant ends by 10, let's hit the club when you are done"

"I don't know what to say pol, I can't remember the last time I had fun"

"Exactly! which is why you should let me help you have fun"

I sighed staring at her, I always turn her down and I can't let her down anymore. What is the harm in spending a couple of hours in a club? All I have to do is not to get drunk, or I Won't be able to go to work.

"Fine, I will go"

She squeals "Yay!! Thank you so much"

A man walks into the cafe, Polina wiggles her brow at me before grabbing her notepad and walked away. Looking closely at him, he looks familiar but I can't figure out where I knew him from.

Polina walks over to me with a frown "He insists on you serving him"

"W-what why?"

She shrugs "Go ahead girly, I don't mind"

I nodded grabbing my notepad and make my way over to him. He looks up from his phone and his eyes goes down to my body, he smirks leaning on his chair and it made me gulp out of nervousness.

"What would you like to order sir?"

His smirks deepens "Call me Marino, I am not that old Nadia"

My eyes goes wide in shock "Y-you know my name,how?"

He stood up "That isn't important,see you soon nad's"

He walks out of the cafe leaving me stunned, how does he know my name?.

Polina grins at me "What did the hottie say to you? and why the hell did he leave without ordering?"

"I don't want to think about it, he gives me the creeps. He knows my name for crying out loud!"

"That bad?"

I sighed and for the rest of my shift I felt nervous and scared. What did he mean by see you soon?I have never met him in my life and I don't plan on seeing him ever again.

My shift at the restaurant ended and I declined Leo's offer on driving me home. I needed sometime to be alone, turning nineteen in less than two hours is a big step for me.

Mom left us on my birthday,it will be three years soon. Tears Wells up in my eyes but I blink away the tears in my eyes and forced a smile on my face, I won't let my past affect me right now.

I got home a little past eleven and make my way into the room, Matilda was fast asleep with a pen on her hand and a piece of paper on the bed. I pick up the paper and tears Wells up in my eyes as I read the note.

Happy birthday to the best sister in the whole world! I love you sis.

I wipe the tears that spilled from my eyes and lie down on the bed hugging her from behind.

"Having you by my side is more than enough for me" I whispered quietly.

Waking up the next morning, Matilda was not on the bed. I look at the time on the wall and saw it was 15 past 7 in the morning. I yawned slowly getting up from the bed, I walked into the kitchen and found Matilda cooking.

"Matilda"

She smiles at me "Happy birthday Nadi"

I grinned ruffling her hair "Thank you,you shouldn't have woken up so early to prepare breakfast"