ii

I can do so much for you

///~~///

“Come in,” Jake said with a hoarse voice, he averted his gaze from the television into the opening door watching as his best friend came into view.

Without even trying to remove his shoes, Sunghoon ran towards him, pulling Jake in a standing position to inspect his body.

Swollen lips with small cuts on its upper part, purple marks covering basically the whole skin of his neck down to his shoulder. Sunghoon was about to lift Jake’s shirt but was pushed away.

“I knew it!” Sunghoon hissed. “The department head was looking for you! I swear, Jake! One more absence and you’re getting fired at work!” He shouted angrily. He had been telling Jake a million times already to stop meeting with Heeseung, but Jake never listened.

Every single time, after Jake meets with Heeseung, Sunghoon can see how terrible the situation is. Jake’s bruises are becoming more and more serious, leaving Sunghoon getting more worried for his health.

“When are you going to realize that you’re just hurting yourself, Jake? That guy doesn’t even care for you! Wake up and see how bad he was using your body!” Sunghoon burst out but Jake remained unfazed.

Jake was used to this already, Sunghoon’s harsh advice about him seeing Heeseung. He was used to hearing the harsh truth from his best friend, he was used to being hurt.

A small smile flashes on Jake’s swollen lips.

“I’m fine, Sunghoon. Thank you for your care,” Jake whispered, his throat aching as the vibration of his voice flowed against it.

A tear escaped from Sunghoon’s worry-filled eyes. He knew how badly hurt his best friend is, how he was not okay with everything and how he loved Heeseung despite all of these. He can never understand how Jake could give all of himself just for someone he loved, even without receiving anything but painful marks and scars all over his body.

Sunghoon watched as Jake gulped down the water from a bottle he picked up from the table.

“He overdid it again last night, eh?” Sunghoon asked in concern, although he already knew the answer to that question based on Jake’s physical appearance.

“He did apologize early in the morning, though,” Jake said, smiling sweetly at his best friend before engulfing him in a hug. “So stop saying he doesn’t care because he does.”

It was a lie.

Heeseung never once apologizes for everything he has done. Jake still remember that one time when Heeseung fucked him endlessly and the next morning, Jake had to postpone his dance lesson he was supposed to teach because he couldn’t walk properly. That one time when Jake ended up in a hospital for a sore throat and was refrained from teaching music again.

All those occurrences, Heeseung simply didn’t care and never apologized.

Jake was a music and a dance teacher from a private high school, but because of those nights, he was forced to quit teaching music and focus more on teaching dance lessons. And now, because of being absent almost every other day, his job is threatening to get lost completely.

Every now and then whenever Sunghoon would ask, Jake would lie and tell him that Heeseung apologized, that Heeseung was careful, that he cared…although knowing it’s all a lie.

Jake can create every lie just to defend Heeseung, and he can do more than just that.