xxiv

I want you

///~~///

Jake feels lonely.

He didn't know how and why but the sudden change of his feelings scares him more than anything.

He looked at the man sleeping peacefully beside him, staring at the innocent face of Heeseung. His eyes travelled down to his lips, down to his neck until his bare chest. Jake heaved a sigh.

This was something he wanted even before, but now he couldn't find the satisfaction and happiness in him. Suddenly, being with Heeseung made him feel lonely.

He couldn't pinpoint the reason of suddenly feeling disinterested. He didn't know if it was because of the good changes in Heeseung's treatment of him. Spending time with him suddenly became boring. Although they still had sex, but it was not as rough as before- and Jake didn't know if he miss the past or what.

He missed Sunghoon constantly nagging him about meeting with Heeseung. He missed being restrained and getting scolded at. He missed the random calls he will receive from Sunghoon while in the middle of making love with Heeseung.

All the undivided attention from his best friend...Jake missed all that. Now, Sunghoon has his focus on his own love life- seeing that Jake and Heeseung's relationship was better than before.

But what frustrates Jake more was that he didn't know why he's having all those thoughts. It's not like he was not seeing Sunghoon anymore, they still live next to each other's house and attend the same shift at work, but it felt very different to how they were interacting when Ni-ki was still not around.

Jake wanted that back.

Just as then, his phone rings loudly and Sunghoon's contact flashes on the screen. Heeseung moved in his sleep, turning his back on Jake as the latter slowly stood up from bed to answer the sudden call.

+++

He entered the bathroom and didn't bother turning the lights on. He wouldn't want to see his naked reflection on the mirror while talking to his bestfriend on the phone...it'll be weird.

“Sunghoon-ie?” the nickname slipped on his tongue as soon as he answered the phone.

There was only silence on the other line.

“What's up? It's the middle of the night,” Jake asked, suddenly getting a bad feeling about the sudden call.

Jake heard a sound of a liquid being poured, followed by a glass getting in contact with something.

“Did I interrupt something?” Sunghoon finally speaks from the other line, his voice sounded different than the usual.

“No,” Jake felt his cheeks heat up.

“But why are you still awake? And you took too long to answer,” Sunghoon asked.

“I'm, uh, about to sleep...” Jake said, lying under his breath. “Why did you call?”

There comes the silence once again.

“Sunghoon?”

“I and Ni-ki broke up...”

+++

Heeseung abruptly open his eyes when the lights to the bedroom turned on. He heard his closet open and saw Jake pulling out some clothes while still naked- although they took shower earlier, they prefer not to wear clothes after.

“Were you cold?” Heeseung tiredly asked as he turns on the bed, closing his eyes once again.

“No, but I need to go,” Jake answered, wearing the clothes he took from the older boy's closet in a hurry.

“An emergency?” Heeseung asked. “Do you need me to drive you there?”

“No, I'm fine.”

“Are you sure? It's already late,” Heeseung said as he finally sat up, eyes following Jake's move.

Jake only hums in response as he went near the bed and took his wallet and phone with him. Heeseung held his arms and pulled him down on the bed.

“I'm in a hurry,” Jake says, staring up at the older boy.

“Let me drive you there,” Heeseung insisted, voice filled with authority but his gaze soften as he saw the worry in Jake's eyes. “Sit here as I get ready, it'll be more quick if I drive you there.”

The older boy stood up from the bed and make his way to the closet too, not minding of the way Jake stares at him while getting changed.

“You used to not care about me coming over or going home in a late hour like this,” Jake speaks out of nowhere.

“I used to,” Heeseung repeated, stressing out the past tense of his actions. He walked back beside Jake as he took the car key on the table. “Let's go.”

+++

“I and Ni-ki broke up...”

“Jake...I need you here.”

Okaaaaayy... five more chapters to go.
/smiles/