xix

I can do so much for you

///~~///

Jake carefully rings the doorbell for the first time as he usually uses the passcode to enter. He felt nervous about coming there but he needed clear explanations. Hopefully, Heeseung was still awake even if it’s already past midnight.

The door finally opened but Jake was welcomed by an unusual sight of a boy with only a towel covering his half body.

“Oh…shit-” Sunoo curses under his breath as he nervously smiled up at Jake. “Please don’t get the wrong idea, I only take a shower because-”

“Sun?”

Both boys look at the person who just spoke from behind Sunoo. Jake entered the room, seeing Heeseung still in the same position when he left him yesterday night- still wearing the same clothes.

“Yeah?” Sunoo answered while Jake remained watching.

“I need more,” Heeseung whispered as he places an empty bottle of beer on the floor before falling back asleep.

Sunoo looked back at Jake.

“This whole place is a mess, I need at least to be clean so I took a shower,” Sunoo said. “But I really needed to go, thankfully you came. I can’t just leave Heeseung-hyung in this state.”

“Eh?” Jake asked, confused.

Sunoo didn’t answer him as he ran back to the bedroom probably to wear proper clothes.

Jake walked closer to the living room, eyeing all the empty boxes of fried chicken and an empty tub of vanilla ice cream littering the table. He stared at Heeseung’s posture from the floor, his head ducked into his right arms placed on the edge of the table.

It didn’t take a while before Sunoo emerges from the bedroom wearing his new set of clothes with a bag hanging on his shoulder.

“I really need to go,” Sunoo said in a hush voice. “Heeseung-hyung needs help when he stands up to go the bathroom, but please don’t give him any more drinks. He hasn’t eaten any proper meals since last night.”

“What happened to his face?” Jake asked as he noticed a visible purple mark into the side Heeseung’s left cheek.

“Ah, that…If he calls my name, pretend to be me,” Sunoo said.

“Why?”

Sunoo only shrugged before he left the house, leaving Jake alone with a drunk Heeseung.

Jake crouched down in front of the older boy as soon as Sunoo was out of sight. He carefully takes the bottle in Heeseung’s hand.

“Sun?”

Jake hums in response, pretending to be Sunoo like what he was told.

Heeseung’s head shot up, his tired eyes staring at Jake for a little while before he leaned forward- claiming Jake’s lips for a few seconds before he pulled back and goes back to his sleeping position again.

Jake was left stunned.

Is that what he was doing to Sunoo every time he calls his name?

He sighed heavily, the tears clouding in his eyes again after the thought. He stood up and began cleaning the litter on the table.

“Why?” He heard Heeseung speaking again but Jake didn’t bother responding.

He continued cleaning up the mess until he’s done. He went back to Heeseung, carefully attempting to wake him up.

 “Heeseung-hyung,” Jake whispered, holding the older boy’s hand. “You should go to bed.”

Heeseung opened his eyes and looked up, once again meeting Jake’s gaze. The older boy didn’t say anything as he followed Jake’s guidance and stood up, balancing himself with the help of Jake. After almost tripping and falling into the floor multiple times, Jake managed to get Heeseung to bed- except Heeseung didn’t want to let go anymore.

“Sleep with me,” Heeseung whispered, pulling Jake harder until he finally landed atop of the drunk boy.

Heeseung let out a satisfied sigh as he hugged Jake. In all honesty, Jake doesn’t have a problem sleeping with Heeseung like this- even if he needed to pretend he’s Sunoo. But Heeseung’s scent is something he can’t stand.

A mix of sweat, alcohol and cigarette. All the things that Jake hated. Jake tried to stood up, but Heeseung only hugged him tighter.

“Sun?”

Jake bites on his lips.

“I am not Suno-”

“I know,” Heeseung whispered. “I know that, Jake.”

idk but according to google, jake's favorite food is fried chicken and vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. if you failed to notice what i did up there.