(not) the final chapter

It was already past lunch when Heeseung woke up due to the loud ringing of his phone. He could feel him slightly freezing cold and his body felt sore after sleeping on the couch, but it is nothing compared to the pain he felt once he was reminded of the scene he saw last night.

He lazily reaches for his phone on the table, hoping it was only Jungwon calling from work. He answered the call and put it next to his ear, closing his eyes again.

There was only silence on the other line and Heeseung didn’t bother saying anything as well. He checked the caller’s name and realized it was Jake.

“Why?” Heeseung asked, the tone of his voice thick- sounding very sarcastic even.

He didn’t mean to sound that way, though.

“Heeseung-hyung…” Jake finally speaks, his voice almost inaudible. “W-were you here last night?”

The panic and fear in Jake’s voice made Heeseung crack a smile. He may not have seen it clearly from last night but the way Jake is talking to him right now made it all clear.

“Hm,” Heeseung hums in response.

He was right all along, Jake’s falling into the same trap but now in Sunghoon’s hands.

“Where are you right now?” Jake asked, voice still shaking in panic.

“Don’t come,” Heeseung said, inhaling sharp. “Don’t come to me, at least not now.”

“Hyung-”

“I’m not in the right mind to talk right now. I might only…” hurt you.

Heeseung ended the call before he could even finish his sentence, hoping Jake will listen to him.

He threw the phone back on the table, crashing into the empty bottles of beer and creating another mess on the floor. The smell of liquor surrounding the whole house made Heeseung crave for more, so he stood up and got another hidden box of beers from the kitchen.

He felt better that way, intoxicated and numb.

+++

Sunghoon stared at the ceiling, his head hurting and it felt like the veins were going to burst out. As if someone is continuously hammering it, trying to knock some sense inside his empty brain.

He woke up alone in the bed naked, the last thing he remember from last night was when he kissed Jake…he fucked up, he knew.

The things that Heeseung did to Jake before, the things that made Sunghoon mad…he’s doing the same thing to his best friend.

The door to his bedroom opened and closed abruptly as Jake entered. He sat down on the floor and leaned on the wall, staring at a distance. He looked pale and scared.

Despite his hurting head and naked body, Sunghoon stood up from the bed- realizing he was not fully naked and still had his pants on. He walked towards Jake and sat beside him on the floor.

“Did it happen again?” Sunghoon asked.

Jake barely shakes his head no as tears start clouding his eyes.

Sunghoon swung his arms over Jake’s shoulder, pulling him closer until he was fully hugging him. Jake’s face was buried lightly in the crook of Sunghoon’s neck, the latter could also feel the warm tears from Jake’s eyes.

He then felt a weak punch directed to his bare chest, “This is your f-fault…” Jake cried, voice broken.

“I’m sorry,” was all Sunghoon could say.