xii

And never asked too much

///~~///

Jake placed down a glass of warm water into the table before he sat across the unexpected visitor, eyeing the boy with admiration in his eyes.

“Thank you, Jake-hyung,” The boy smiled sweetly at him before taking the glass into his hands before emptying its content. The boy gulped down the water thirstily, closing his eyes as he did so.

Jake remain staring, watching curiously until the boy was finished drinking the whole glass of water.

“Wah, how stupid,” The visitor whispered breathily as he shook his head slightly, his hair bouncing adorably in his head. The boy placed the glass down on the table before he meets Jake’s gaze.

A wide smile appeared on his plump red lips, making his eyes disappear in a crescent-shape. His rosy cheeks became fuller and Jake has never seen a stunningly handsome and at the same time adorable person like him before. The sight of the boy smiling made Jake smile absentmindedly as well.

No wonder why Heeseung fell in love with the man in front of him.

Jake’s smile faltered as he remembers the sad story of Heeseung’s unrequited love with Sunoo, the boy sitting in front of him right now.

“I’m probably unwanted here and you’re confused how do I know your address,” Sunoo laughed cheekily, beaming at Jake. “Heeseung-hyung was here last night but he’s too coward to knock,” Sunoo said, frowning in a second.

“He came here?” Jake asked, a slight excitement lingering in his voice.

Sunoo nodded as he pulled out his phone and fumbles on it for a minute before he showed a picture to Jake.

Jake stared quietly at the evidence in front of him. A semi-lighted hallway, door of his neighbors and a tall boy sitting in front of one of the doors. He was holding a cigarette and a smoke coming out of his mouth is visible on the picture.

It could not be Heeseung and the boy in front of him might only be playing tricks, but Jake could clearly see the man’s shirt on the picture was familiar. It’s one of Jake’s shirt that he left in Heeseung’s apartment. His name was printed on the sleeves and Jake can clearly see it.

Jake stared more and stopped caring about the tears threatening to fall off his eyes.

“He was calling me every night, drunk. I’m worried about my friend’s health,” Sunoo said, breaking the silence surrounding them.

Jake blinked twice, eyes averting to the floor. “It’s all your fault…” Jake manage to whisper.

Sunoo was a bit taken aback before realizing what the other boy meant. He then shook his head, mumbling to himself. “Lee Heeseung, you really mess things up so bad.”

Jake felt his heart break into pieces, rewinding what Sunoo had said. Heeseung’s calling Sunoo every fucking night. Of course, of course Heeseung would do that every night because he had no more Jake to have sex with and help him escape the sad reality of his unrequited love.

“Anyways, all I wanted to say is please talk to Heeseung-hyung again. He badly needs you,” Sunoo said before he stood up.

Sunoo gave Jake one last glance before he excused himself and walked away, leaving Jake all to himself.

It didn’t take a while when Jake’s phone started ringing. He wiped off the tears that escaped his eyes before he picked up his phone and saw the name of the caller.

Jake immediately answered the call.

“H-hello?” Jake’s shaky voice passed through his trembling lips.

He stared at nothingness, immersed into the voice echoing in his ears as tears started to fall, non-stop.

After the phone call ended, Jake stood up with his phone in hand. Wearing his pajama, he only took the house keys and his wallet with him before he stormed out of his house.