xxviii

Feel so right

///~~///

Jake can only roll his eyes upon seeing Sunghoon on his favorite bean bag with a can of beer in his hands. The television was playing a news and the lights were off.

This is a complete different scene but Jake's very familiar with this. He experienced this a lot with Heeseung before.

“I've told you no drinking,” Jake said, removing his shoes and walking towards his best friend.

“Why are you here?” Sunghoon asked, slurring his words. He was too drunk to open his eyes but he didn't even have to look at who just spoke.

He knew Jake more than the back of his hands- and it's the fucking reason why Ni-ki broke up with him.

He cared too much about Jake.

Sunghoon released a breathy laugh, “Didn't you have a date tonight?”

“Do you really think I wouldn't ditch Heeseung when you called me crying?” Jake asked, snatching the beer in Sunghoon's hand.

“Give it back,” Sunghoon said, but Jake gulped the remaining liqour before he threw it at Sunghoon's lap.

Sunghoon pouted, his hand reaching for a plastic that's full of unopened canned beer. Jake swatted his hands away and took the plastic to his own lap.

“I'm drinking everything,” Jake said.

“But that's mine,” Sunghoon said. “Just ask Heeseung to buy you lots, he used to drink a lot before too.”

“Shut up," Jake said as he started opening the can of beer and straightly gulping everything at once.

+++

Heeseung clicked his phone open, staring at the time on the screen. It's passed midnight already.

No text, no calls and no replies. Jake didn't even answer his multiple calls.

Sir-”

Heeseung didn't let the waiter finished his sentence and instantly hands him his card.

“Are you sure, Sir?” the boy asked. “What about-”

“Just do your damn job," Heeseung growled.

The worker bowed at him and silently leave the garden, leaving Heeseung alone. The pianist have long left the restaurant as it was past his working time- and Heeseung was sitting there alone waiting for Jake to come back, or at least even reply or answer his calls for almost four hours already.

He said he'd only check on Sunghoon and will be back. He even left the flowers he received- but it's been almost four hours and he's still not back.

Once the worker came back with the receipt and his card, Heeseun didn't said anything and just left- leaving the food untouched but taking the flowers with him.

+++

Jake felt dizzy.

“I told you not to drink anymore!” He said, slurring his own words as he tried to push Sunghoon away.

“But why are you drinking?” Sunghoon asked. “Do I kill Heeseung now? Did he hurt you?”

Jake laughs, “I think it's the other way around.”

“What do you mean?” Sunghoon asked.

Jake nudged Sunghoon's leg using his feet, “Because you drank too much...” Jake said.

“Oh,” Sunghoon gasped in silent.

Jake opened another can of beer.

“Guilt has never left me since then,” Jake says as he let his head fall into Sunghoon's shoulder. “And I began to withdraw...”

“I'm sorry,” Sunghoon whispered.

Jake laughs, staring up at Sunghoon.

“Shall we go to the bedroom? It's a bit uncomfortable here,” Jake asked.

“What about your date?”

Forget about Heeseung, I'm here now," Jake said as he placed down the unfinished beer on the floor and struggled to get up to his feet.

He then helped Sunghoon to stand up as they held tight to each other, barely managing to reach Sunghoon's bedroom.

Sunghoon fell on the soft mattress first, followed by Jake who snuggled closer to his best friend.

“Sunghoon...”

“Hm?”

Jake didn't said anything and only stared at his friend's face, Sunghoon then moved forward until their lips are touching.

“I need you back...Ni-ki.”

+++

Heeseung stopped his car outside the apartment building. He stepped outside and greeted the guard whom is very familiar to him already. He was allowed to go inside and Heeseung didn't waste any more time as he went straight to Jake's apartment.

He put on the password and open the door, he clicked the light switch on the side and found no used shoes in the rack.

Jake was not there.

He switch off the light again and closed the door. He was about to walk away when his eyes landed on the door in front of Jake's apartment.

He shook his head trying to push the thoughts away, but he still went and tried pushing on the same password he used in Jake's door.

It opened.

The light coming from the television that's playing some football match, is enough for Heeseung to see Jake's shoes thrown messily on the door step. He also found Jake's phone on the table beside empty can of beers.

Heeseung's heart was beating too fast inside his chest. His curiousity pushing him to enter the apartment and walk straight to an slightly open door and peeked his head inside.

Thankfully, the lights were off.

But Heeseung could still see two bodies snuggling close to each other in the middle of the bed. If they're naked or not, Heeseung don't want to know.

He refused to enter the room and just close the door for them. He even cleaned the mess and turn the television off before he silently leave the house.

He went home alone with a broken heart.

Heeseung went straight to his kitchen, rummaging through his cupboards and looking for the bottled beer he has hidden somewhere.

He wanted to drown himself in liquor, hoping it will erase the image of Jake in a bed with another man that's not him.

It's not like it's the first time, though. It happened twice already.

Heeseung smiled bitterly.

He still remember that one purple mark on Jake's neck...Heeseung didn't left it there.

But in his mind, he will accept any reasons...as long as he can have Jake back.

+++

good night 🙂🙂