xvii

The past is over and gone

///~~///

Sunghoon watched as Jake’s chest moved up and down in a normal pace as he finally fallen in a peaceful sleep after hours and hours of crying. Sunghoon brought his hands up in his head in an attempt to fix his messy hair. He stared at Jake for a little while, feeling more sympathetic as he saw the dried tears staining his best friend cheeks.

With a tired sigh, Sunghoon carefully stood up from Jake’s bed, careful not to wake up the other boy. He still has to attend his shift at work.

Jake called him at dawn asking to be picked up somewhere in the street near Heeseung’s apartment. Sunghoon went there in his pajamas, coming to a sight of Jake sitting in one dark corner as he was crying helplessly.

Sunghoon was of course beyond mad. If Jake didn’t look like he’s been crying there alone for hours, Sunghoon might have visited Heeseung before he went home with his best friend. He’s too mad that he can kill Heeseung if ever they are to cross path-

Once he opened Jake’s door, a person was standing on the way and looked like he was only about to knock. Both boys stood there for a minute, just staring at each other.

“What do you need?” Sunghoon spoke first, his deep voice filled with coldness- unvoiced words were firing into his staring eyes.

The boy seemed unfazed, instead he held out his hands holding a box covered in ivory-color paper wrapper. Sunghoon only stared at it, clueless.

“Yesterday after I left Jake-hyung’s party, a man came up to me and asked if I can give this to Jake-hyung,” The boy explained as he handed the box to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon accepted the unknown box.

“A man?”

“Yeah, but I wasn’t able to get his name because I’m also in a hurry. He said he was Jake-hyung’s friend,” The boy looks down, pulling out something from his pocket- a small box that’s obviously a necklace holder, and placed it on top of the box in Sunghoon’s hand.

“That’s one for you, an early birthday gift because I’ll be back to Japan before December…”

“I should probably go,” The boy said, not letting Sunghoon say anything as he already turns around and started walking away.

“Ni-ki!” Sunghoon called but the younger boy didn’t bother looking back.

///~~///

“You know what’s the one thing wrong here? It’s not you,” Sunoo said, too tired of explaining the same thing over and over again.

He picked up an empty bottle of beer and places it on the plastic bag he was holding.

“It’s your freaking addiction to alcohol. You’re already fucked up and drinking makes you more stupid, moron,” Sunoo said, not even caring to use filter and assuring words.

He’s tired dealing with this behavior of Heeseung. He thought that Heeseung would somehow stop this habit of him and finally create a new start with Jake after the last time they had a talk, but oh, he was wrong.

Heeseung released a small laugh as he ducked his head back on the table. He already had drunk too much but he can still go on. Although he has fallen asleep too many times, he will eventually wake up and ask the same question.

“What’s wrong with me, Sun?”

Sunoo could’ve just ignore him, but if he didn’t answer Heeseung will throw a fit. In all honesty, Heeseung already received multiple punches from Sunoo because of his drunken behavior.

He carefully takes the bottle of beer in Heeseung’s hand, causing the older to wake up again.

“Sunoo…”

“You know I’m already over you, right?”

“Shut the fuck up,” Sunoo said. “You’re supposed to tell that to Jake-hyung, not me.”

“I did,” Heeseung murmured before he goes back to sleep again.

Sunoo rolled his eyes, sighing heavily. He wonders how Heeseung told Jake, probably in the stupidest way again with different meanings that Jake might misunderstood.

“Poor thing, he doesn’t even know how to express his feelings in the right way,” He murmured to himself as he continued cleaning the mess.

saving the last ten percent of my phone to update and greet arykii a happy birthday💋 if I remember it correctly you're 18 now? or am i wrong...