Chapter 1

Okay, maybe my life didn't go quite how I planned it but it's not like anyone's ever does, right?

I work in a coffee shop in New York, and okay, it's not exactly the most inspiring job of all time but I'm also studying and so I guess it's okay for now. I work with my best friends too, Rosé and Jisoo, and I honestly don't know why people look down on it so often.

Sure, I serve coffee to people all day, occasionally a Panini or a muffin or whatever, but I get to talk to my friends and spend time with them and my boss isn't that much of an asshole so I don't get told off for it. The pay isn't amazing, but once again, I am a student and it pays the bills. I knew thought I was going to get a fancy job whilst I was still at college and so it's cool.

But to emphasize on the main point, I mostly love my job because of Rosé and Jisoo. I met them here, in fact we started on the same day and even trained together, and now we've been working together for three years and we three have pretty much become the best of friends. The 'Unholy Trinity', Jisoo likes to call us. We also live pretty near to each other, a few streets away, and that comes in pretty handy, too.

Anyway, I've got fifteen minutes until the end of my shift when Rosé comes skipping in through the doors, blonde hair wavy and skirt waving in the breeze that follows her in. I smile and shake my head when I see her wink at a customer, and I know that the tip jar's only full because Rosé, Jisoo and I are extremely good looking-even if I say so myself-but Rosé always goes one step further with her customers. She just has this... allure and charm about her and hell, sometimes I have to put supreme effort into not finding my best friend hot and that's freaking difficult, so I don't have a clue how the customers don't just drool over her constantly.

But that's besides the point.

She comes bouncing in with a skip in her step and I smile because I know she's got something on her mind due to the twinkle in her eye, so I just lean against the counter, chin in hand and wait till she approaches me to speak. She had the day off today, and I don't know what she was doing with her free time, but if she was sitting at home wearing that then she was totally wasting an outfit. Girl looks fucking good. She's definitely got some legs on her.

I cough when I realize I've been staring and straighten up. My pants feel a little tight and I hate that I have something... extra down there because it's really inconvenient when I'm perving over my best friend. But it means no harm. I'm just checking her out, and I know I've seen her check out my ass when I bend over so whatever. It's just what friends do.

"Hey, Lisa," Rosé says, suddenly in front of me and I blink, confused about how she got from the door to here in like, two seconds. Maybe I was daydreaming.

"Uh, hey, Rosie," I reply and smile, picking up a cup and readying myself with a pen to write her usual order on the side: a vanilla frappe with chocolate sprinkles and cream. "You want your usual?"

She shakes her head and I frown. "Okay..." I draw out. "What do you want?"

"I was thinking we could have a girls night out," she suggests and I lift my eyebrows in interest. Jisoo, Rosé, and I haven't been out together in like, ages.

"Sounds good. You invited Jisoo yet?"

"To where?" A voice cuts in and I look over my shoulder to see my other best friend step out from the back room. She's tying her apron around her waist, ready to start the shift I'm about to finish. "Hello, by the way."

"We're going out tonight," Rosé says and rocks on to the balls of her feet, her smile bright and white. She's excited. "We haven't been out in ages and Lisa's already said yes, so are you in?"