Chapter 16

When we get back to the car, I move to the passenger side and open the door, ready to help Rosé get in but when I tug her, she stands by the side of the car and looks at me. Not looks at me in the adoring way I'm used to, but in a way that makes me think she wants to ask me something. So my eyes flick from side to side, wondering whether I should just pretend like I can't see it because I don't know what she's going to ask, or just face it. In the end, I know I never really had a choice to me straighten up and twist my body back to her, grabbing both her hands again, our bodies facing each other.

"What you thinking?"

Rosé pauses for a second, chewing on her lower lip. "Can I drive?" She asks and that kind of wasn't what I was expecting but I guess it's slightly relieving.

"You wanna drive back?" I repeat, twisting my face. "Do you even know how to drive?"

I don't mean it to come out as rudely as it did, and I see the offense flash across bright brown eyes because I know Rosé's sensitive about her knowledge.

"I just mean—I've never seen you drive," I blurt out, trying to save myself.

Rosé's face relaxes and she offers a smile. "That's why you're here," she responds and I begin smiling for no reason in particular.

"To teach you?" I question, lifting an eyebrow. Rosé nods. "You want me to teach you how to drive?"

She bobs her head. "I mean, you don't have to but I thought—"

"No," I interject, shaking my head but then nodding it. "I'd like to."

Rosé jumps up and down, her face splitting into the most excited grin and I take a moment to take in her features; the way her brow crinkles and how all her teeth are on show from how wide her smile is. How her eyes aren't just brown anymore, but a bright, sparkling color that sucks the air from my lungs because they're just so beautiful, and how her fingers clench that little tighter around mine and how she's pulling me close, one of her hands dropping from mine and the tips of them coming up to my jaw, adding the tiniest amount of pressure until the next thing I'm aware of are the feel of warm lips pressing against my own.

My eyes flutter shut, and I suck in a deep inhale through my nose as her nose nudges my cheek, her lips pressing harder into me. Her fingertips don't move from my jaw, just stroke over the skin and my lips quirk up at the touch, my heart swooning within me because she knows just what to say, just what to do and how to touch me to make my entire body tingle.

As soon I smile into the kiss, I feel Rosé's lips mirror it and then we're both smiling so much I can't keep it up, so I just break and open my eyes, staring at each other for a moment.

"What," I clear your throat, blood rushing to my face at how hoarse my voice is. "What was that for?" 

Rosé's head turns, her eyes going with it as she shrugs. "I don't know," she returns to meet my glance. "A thank you for teaching me."

I let out a small laugh. "You don't even know if I can teach you. I could be crap at it."

She ponders of it for a few seconds before scrunching her nose and shaking her head. "I have faith in you," she whispers and something about that makes my heart flutter a little. No-one's ever had faith in me before. But before I can thank her, or blush or even blurt out something embarrassing, she's kissing me on the cheek and skipping around to the driver's side, sliding in and throwing me a wink as she says, "Come on Miss Manoban. Teach me."

I stare with my mouth open for a good five seconds, thinking about how hot it'd be to do a little role play with Rosé in the bedroom, before I stumble over my feet and climb into the car.