Chapter 34

I don't call Rosé the day after I read the journal.

I don't have a reason why, but I just feel like I want to gather my thoughts and read over the entries a few more times before I make a decision. Like, there's no doubt that I'm in love with her and she's in love with me. There's no doubt that we are going to end up together, because I'm sure we are soul mates... it's just that I don't know how to feel right now. Okay, she loves me and I love her back and that should mean that we should be together, but it's more complicated than that.

I'm not sure if I can trust her.

She didn't cheat on me, not even when that British guy Adam set her up to go on one because she ran away... but she still left me and walked out, and there's still a part of me in the back of my mind wondering where this leaves us two if we were to get together, and wondering how we would pick up from where we left off. I still have my doubts, and there stupid and route to ridiculous insecurities, but they're still there and I can't fight that.

So I don't ring her immediately and I take a day out specifically to think it over.

***

Okay, so my plan was to just take the entire day to myself and think over the whole Rosé situation, but then I get a text from Jisoo and she's asking me a favor.

And I can be a bitch, but I know that this probably includes Stella and shit, I'll pretty much do anything for that girl.

So I pick up the phone and ring Jisoo instead.

"What's the favor?" Is the first thing I say, in lieu of a greeting.

I can imagine Jisoo rolling her eyes at me, and judging by the tone she speaks in after the brief pause, I think I was right. "Well hello to you, too, Lisa."

"Yeah, yeah," I wave my hand around in the air and get up from my couch, making my way to the kitchen to make a coffee. "What's the favor?"

"Okay, so basically you know how when I first moved to my building, I thought the super was kind of a douche..."

"Yeah," I agree, specifically remembering how rude the guy was over the phone, and how much ruder he was in person. So much so that Jisoo almost didn't move in, but then the guy lowered her rent a bit and I guess that okay, maybe having a douche for a super wasn't that bad if the rent wasn't overpriced.

"Well a few days ago, Stella broke the toilet and he didn't take it too well."

I flip on the coffee machine and lean back against the counter, one arm tucked beneath the other. "She broke the toilet again?" I ask.

Stella's a little clumsy, and Jisoo and I know she doesn't mean to do it because she always ends up crying and trying to repair it herself with butterfly stickers and rolls of kiddy sellotape, but she still does it and now I can only imagine how pissed off the super was. He was always hesitant about having a child move into the building, but as he couldn't say no due to Jisoo already having signed the contract with the realtors and I know, it having absolutely fuck all to do with him really, he always kept a close eye on the Kim household.

I'm actually pretty sure the few times he's attempted to fix the toilet himself, he actually broke it further just so when the real plumber came, the bill would be more for Jisoo.

That's totally not the point here, though.

"Yeah," Jisoo sighs and I pinch the bridge of my nose. "So after a long discussion with the asshole we know as my super, I've decided it'd be easier if I just moved out. He's never liked Stella and he yelled at me in front of her when he found out about the toilet being broken again."