Chapter 5

I wake up in the morning and feel a lot better.

I made up with Rosé, Jisoo doesn't know which means she's not going to yell at me and everything's cool. I feel so much better than I did yesterday and today is a new day. I'm going to make a good one, too. Yesterday was just pretty damn awful so yeah, today will be good. I'm one hundred percent sure.

I get up, dress, eat a bit of breakfast and then head off to work. When I get there, I smile at that Yeji chick and she tells me her and her boyfriend made up and is so thankful for what I did yesterday. I tell her that it's okay and that I actually needed a distraction, and she asks me why but I'm a closed book when it comes to people that aren't Jisoo and Rosé. I never tell anyone anything unless I trust them and so I just shrug and tell her it doesn't matter. Clearly she was asking out of curiosity and not politeness beaus she doesn't pry anymore. Bitch.

Anyway, I'm behind the coffee machine, making a customers latte when I hear the front door swing open. Rosé comes bouncing in, looking a lot happier than yesterday and I feel myself smiling as she looks at me. She smiles back, we two are good now, and we push down the awkwardness because we two can't be awkward. We're both forgetting what happened and that's that.

I drop my eyes back to the coffee machine and get on with the latte, but two seconds later a hand settles on my waist and I hear a small, "Hey," whispered into my ear.

It's always how Rosé used to greet me, but this time I jump a little and feel my skin flare up at the touch. She didn't actually touch my bare skin, but her palm seemed to sizzle through my work shirt and now I'm trying not to spill the foam I'm putting into the latte as my mind races. Why the hell did I just jump? And why can I feel the imprint of her hand tingling on my skin?

I shake it off, not wanting to know and finish it up before leaning over the counter and shouting out the order. A woman comes to pick it up and I smile as she takes it, before turning back to find Rosé walking out from the back room, tying her apron around her waist.

"Hey," I greet. "You scared me when you came in," I add, not knowing why.

Rosé giggles. "Sorry," she apologizes but she's smiling. She meant to scare me.

I narrow my eyes playfully. "You can be an ass sometimes," I say and her grin widens.

"I know," she replies and skips off to the till.

I turn back to my position at the coffee machine and pick up the next order, but as I do so, I notice Rosé talking to a guy over the counter. He's an older guy, not that old but like, my boss' age, and he's got silver streaks in his hair. At first I smile a little, because Rosé's always friendly to her customers to get a bigger tip, plus she's just generally a nice and friendly person, but then I notice that the customer's lingering around for longer than necessary and that Rosé still hasn't taken his order. The marker's in her hand, and she looks like she isn't moving to grab a cup or a sticker to take it any time soon and I feel a twinge in my stomach as I watch them, realizing that they're flirting.

The guy's grinning-and damn, he must have one killer dental plan 'cause he's got a set of pearly whites on him-and I see Rosé duck her head and bat her lashes up at him when he says something and I know that Rosé flirts with her customers, occasionally winks at that weird computer guy that always sits over in the corner on Thursday's, but this is different. The guy's still standing there and he has been for at least three minutes-according to the timer on the machine. I'm totally not counting-and Rosé's ears are pink and she's doing that ridiculously adorable thing where she circles the point of her shoe on the floor in a circle; but that can only mean that this customer's complimenting her in a way she can't take. That's the only time she does the foot thing.