Chapter 36

I can't count how many times I almost fall over or knock a hand or my leg on something as I hurry to get changed.

Somehow, even though my jeans are only around my ankles, I can't seem to pull them up and when I do, they bunch up in all the wrong places or the belt doesn't do up and so with intense frustration, I have to start the whole routine again. Rosé seems to be having the same problem, but hers is with her shirt since apparently the head hole is the arm hole but the arm hole fits her head... and basically, there's a whole lot of crazy and panicked in this room.

It's not like before, back when I had to climb down the damn fire escape and face Rosé's crazy neighbor Chaerin Lee because Jisoo totally knows about me and Rosé, but I just know that she won't appreciate me and Rosé fucking on the floor of her brand new apartment, let alone her fucking bedroom. Hence the rushing of getting redressed.

"Lisa! Rosé! Are you guys finished yet?"

I know Jisoo's getting closer and closer, and I can hear the small padding of lighter footsteps which means Stella's with her. Suddenly, I'm thanking the heavens Rosé and I stopped when we did otherwise we could've scarred that poor child for life.

Once both of us are mostly dressed, and after we panic, knowing the room smells like sweaty sex, I grab Rosé by the arm and rip open the bedroom door, stumbling outside with Rosé behind me. The door slams shut and I stand up rigid, back as straight as a pole as I realize Jisoo's standing at the other end of the hallway glaring through narrowed eyes, but Rosé stays completely unaware as she bumps into my side, hands gripping my bicep and hip to steady herself.

And I know that it is exactly what it looks like, that I'm not going to be able to get away with it because Jisoo's still eying both of us and I don't need to look in a mirror to know our appearance just oozes the 'just-had-sex' look. But still, I act nonchalant and clear my throat, patting down my hair subtly as I glance at Jisoo.

"Uh... hey, Chu."

Hazel eyes linger on me for a while before flicking to Rosé and then straight back again, and I watch them narrow as she takes in both mine and Rosé's appearance a few times over.

Yep, she totally knows.

Oops.

"Ladies!" A voice flows through the hall and I lean a little to the left, peering around Jisoo to find Jaehyun wandering in, Stella by his side, head ducked to her chest as she plays with some type of fluffy toy. I don't really know why he's here. I'm sure Jisoo said something about Haein... "What needs to be unpacked and decora—whoa," he suddenly stops, coming to stand beside the short-haired blonde. "What have you two been up to?" He quirks, eyebrows lifting as he drinks in creased clothing, smudged make-up and messy hair.

My eyes drop to the floor, but I feel no shame or embarrassment, even though I feel I should. Rosé just shifts beside me, clasping her hands in front of her and dipping her head, Jaehyun and Jisoo both stay silent as they await my answer. Except I think they already know I'm not going to just come out with it, so I just suck in my lips and wait.

I feel like I'm in third grade again, about to be told off by the principal.

"Jaehyun," Jisoo suddenly pipes up, her voice flat and hard. I look up to find her staring. Staring good and hard. "Take Stella out for ice cream."

Jaehyun's face scrunches up with confusion, his head turning to look at the smaller woman. "But we just went out with Haein for ice—"

"Just go."

It's said in such a sharp voice that even I jerk my head back and Rosé raises her eyebrows, shocked by Jisoo's voice. It's not exactly often that Jisoo's so hard, so short, and okay, maybe she's as much of a bitch as I am, but since her and Haein started getting back on track, she hasn't been half as bad. This is probably the worst I've seen and heard her in at least six months, and I know it's because of me and Rosé.