Chapter 10

Double updates 😆

-----

It's an hour after the kitchen... whatever it was (incident? If it can even be called that) before Jennie and Jisoo leave. We all say goodbye to the door and smile, and neither of the girls leaving think twice about me staying back because I always used to do that before I slept with Rosé, so it's no difference in their eyes.

I make my way over to the sofa and slump down on to it, my arms hanging limply by my side and head tilted back against the cushions. I let out a long breath, still trying to figure out what happened in the kitchen because one second we were about to kiss and then I knocked two cups together and Rosé was acting all weird. I'm not sure if it was because I jumped back at the noise, but I didn't do that out of fear that someone had walked in, I was just shocked at the sudden noise and so I pulled back to look at what it was.

Although if that was the reason, then why would Rosé have been upset? She knows that the thing going on between the two of us is secret, and she seemed completely cool with that before.

Unless something's changed.

But it can't have done. We literally had that conversation this morning. About two and a half hours ago, actually.

I'm just over thinking things. Nothing's changed and Rosé wasn't acting weird. I'm being paranoid and I need to quit it.

Rosé comes over from the front door after waving Jisoo and Jennie down the hallway and climbs over my legs, pressing both palms on to my thighs to support herself as she slumps down next to me. We're both a little tired, and I throw my arm over her shoulder as she cuddles into my side because I like the warmth. Plus this doesn't mean anything; like I said before, we two used to cuddle and hug all the time when we were 'just friends.'

Though I suppose we're still 'just friends' now... But with added extras.

Whatever. The point here is that we two can cuddle and it doesn't mean anything.

"Ugh, I'm tired," Rosé groans turning over and throwing an arm over my midsection, her legs coming up on the sofa as her head rests on my shoulder.

I don't move my head from where it's tilted back, just hum in agreement. "Me, too. Swear to God adrenaline takes a lot out of you."

"Definitely," she whispers and I feel a warmth pressing over my entire body, crawling up to the back of my eyelids and pulling them shut. "How did you get out anyway?"

The corners of my lips pull up. "Fire escape," I reply and Rosé lifts her head off my shoulder, so I peer down at her. "What?"

"You climbed out the window and down the fire escape?" She reiterates, disbelief flashing over her features.

I chuckle and close mu eyes again, resting my head back. "Yeah. Do you know someone called Chaerin Lee? She lives two floors down."

Rosé moves back to her position, her fingers tickling over my shirt and dipping beneath the hem, stroking over the skin of my hip. I hum into the touch and I know she's not trying to turn me on, or turn the situation to a sexual one so it's nice. I like spending time with Rosé like this. Don't get it wrong, I love having sex with her too, but these little moments here when I don't even have to talk and I feel completely comfortable... I just really like them.

"Mmhmm," she mumbles, making a noise of acknowledgement even though I can tell sleep is pulling her in. "She's a bit of a mean bean."

I chuckle a little at her description. "Yeah, well, she caught me topless and shoeless by her window."