Chapter 9

When I manage to brush off the initial shock of being in a very compromising position with my friend less than three walls away, I whip my head to the side and look at the alarm clock on Rosé's bedside table.

It's midday and it seems both of us were two swept up in what we were doing to remember that Jisoo and Jennie said they were coming over to Rosé's for coffee; and now we're literally in the middle of sex and they're knocking on the door.

I don't even really get time to think or whimper at the loss of being inside Rosé when she jumps off me because I'm rolling off the bed, grabbing my clothes off the floor and trying to slip into as many as possible in a short amount of time. My belt buckle gets caught in my boxers and I can't find my shirt because Rosé had it last time I saw it and somewhere between going down on her the first and second time, she took it off and threw it somewhere, and I'm panting so hard I can't even form any coherent thoughts so I'm in no mindset to find a freaking shirt.

"Shit," I curse beneath my breath as my foot gets caught in my jeans. I struggle, but finally pull them up my legs and get to work on the button as Rosé rushes to the mirror and runs her hands through her tousled hair. She gives up after a moment, and I lift my head to stare at her reflection as she ties it into a rough ponytail, finding myself smiling because her face is etched with frustration and she actually looks really fucking adorable.

Though I force myself to stop thinking like that because I nearly got caught in the act with Rosé and my two friends are hammering on the front door, getting more and more impatient and I haven't even really thought about what I'm going to do or say to explain why both Rosé and I look like we just had sex without revealing that we just had sex.

"What do we do?"

I move to the space beside her, checking myself over in the mirror but promptly giving up. I need more than twenty seconds to sort out my hair. "We can't get caught," I say, my voice shaky. "Jisoo's already suspicious!"

Rosé turns to me and swipes her thumbs beneath my eyes, removing some of the smudged make-up. "Just stay in here," she tells me and I can tell she's trying to be calm but I can hear her heart pounding from here. "And I'll go answer the door. Come out a few minutes later and it'll look like you were peeing."

"ROSIE, COME ON. YOUR BUILDING'S FREEZING, OPEN THE DOOR!"

My eyes snap to Rosé's bedroom door and back again. "Rosie," I hiss through a whisper. "That's not gonna work. You know how Jisoo is! Plus it doesn't help I have no shirt, yours is on backwards," I gesture down her body to the twisted shirt. "We both reek of sex and we both look like we just spent the entire night having it!"

The corners of Rosé's lips curl up into a smirk and I know what's coming. "Well, we kind of did," she says with a small shrug.

"That's so not the point, Rosie!" I half-screech, minding to keep my voice down. "I've seen the way Jisoo looks at us and if she's not stupid."

"I know she's not and that's why if I don't go and answer the door she's going to get suspicious," Rosé replies and lifts her eyebrows her a 'you know I'm right' way.

I just growl myself lift my hands into the air with frustration. I don't know what to do and I'm kind of freaking out.

"Fine!" I huff. "Just go and I'll think of something."

Rosé nods, kisses me on the cheek and moves to skip out the door, but I quickly grab her wrist and look pointedly down to her back-to-front shirt. She gives me an apologetic smile, but runs her hands down the front of her stomach and quickly whips the shirt over her head in one swift motion, turning it around in her hands. And I know my eyes shouldn't bug out at the tight abs and perky breasts before considering I spent half the night worshiping that body, but I still find myself staring and salivating a lot more than usual.