Chapter 4

I don't think I've taken a breath for the thirty-two seconds I've been standing here.

My eyes are just locked on to Rosé and she was staring back at me for the four seconds that followed me opening the door, but now she's looking down at the floor, apparently finding her white Chucks much more interesting than me. Or rather she doesn't know what to say to me and I understand that because I'm not quite sure what to say either; but I'm very aware that Jisoo's standing right in front of me, obviously seeing what's going on and I falter, forgetting the right etiquette for answering a damn door.

"Are you gonna let us in or shall I shut the door and we can knock again?" Jisoo quips and I'm broken from my daze, making eye contact with my other friend.

"Oh, yeah, sorry," I mumble and stand aside, letting them through.

My entire body tenses when Rosé makes her way in, wringing her hands nervously in front of her and biting her lip, and I make a point not to breathe even now because I know exactly how she smells and it's intoxicating. Plus it'll make me think about last night and well, not appropriate.

So she just brushes past me and I shut the door, following her into the living room and trying not to think about how even though she looks beautiful naked, with jeans and a t-shirt on, she looks beautiful, too. It's like someone just gave me glasses and now I can see clearly. Damn it.

"Where are you baby?" Jisoo half-yells and I see Stella poke her head over the top of the sofa, widening with excitement as she spots her mom.

"Here, mommy!" Stella shouts back, jumping down from the sofa with an audible thump and sprinting toward Jisoo, jumping into her arms when she gets there.

I just stand awkwardly next to Rosé, not knowing what to say or do because now I'm sort of left alone with her. Well not alone, but Rosé and I are about five steps from the door and Jisoo and Stella are in the living room so yeah, that totally counts as alone.

"So, Rosie?"

The blonde beside me lifts her head. "Yeah?"

"You're okay with looking after Stella now?"

Ah. I was wondering why Rosé was here. Not that I didn't want her to be, but... Shit. I don't even know.

"Sure," she replies, tucking her hair behind her ear and I barely let my head twist, eyes sliding to the left to look at her. She doesn't stare back, and I know she knows I'm looking at her because her eyes drop and she swallows audibly. Why won't she look at me?

"Great," Jisoo grunts as she picks up her daughter and hitches her on her hip, cradling her carefully.

"Wait," I say, finally processing that Rosé's looking after Stella. "Where are you going?"

I eye her curiously and it's only now that I realize Jisoo's not wearing her work clothes, but a white and baby blue sundress. Her hair's a little tousled and I can tell she's wearing more make-up than usual, and I narrow my eyes. She's all dressed up. Why? And also, why didn't I notice when she walked in the door?

Oh, yeah. I was too involved in looking at my best friend who I just happened to have the most incredible sex with last night. That kind of thing tends to distract me.

"And why are you all dressed up?" I add.

Jisoo grins at me, her eyes flicking to Rosé. "I have a date," she answers and looks down to Stella to see if the little girl heard but she's way too preoccupied with playing with her short blonde hair.

"Seriously!? With who?" I almost screech. Jisoo has a fucking date! But wait, hold the phone... It's only midday. "What kind of lame ass date is this?" I ask and I feel Rosé's eyes snap to me disapprovingly. At least she looked at me. "It's at lunch," I deadpan in explanation.