It's a Bonus Chapter, Kittens

The man of the house sipped his coffee at the kitchen table. The morning rays started to stream in through the thin curtains, and he could hear his farm animals starting to stir, anticipating their breakfast.

The man yawned and rubbed his beard. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw movement on the stairs.

"Good morning, Catty," he called out.

The woman ignored the man's greeting as she entered the kitchen and beelined for the fridge.

"What are we cranky about so early in the morning, hmm?" The man asked while pouring a nip of bourbon into his coffee.

"Oh, do excuse me," she snipped, "being held against your will tends to do that to a person."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. You can go outside whenever you want."

She released a humourless laugh. "Oh, thank you so much. What a kind master you are."

The chair screeched against the floorboards as he suddenly stood up. "You've developed such an attitude," he commented, as he closed the distance between them. He stopped in front of her and played with a lock of her long black hair. "I love it."

She batted his hand away.

"Woah, watch the claws, Kitten." He grinned.

She moved her glasses to rub her eyes. "Rex, I feel like I'm losing it," Evie admitted. "All I can ever think about is what will happen if Branton comes back."

"Why don't you scream in my face? We know how much Branny hates that."

She narrowed her eyes."You said he probably wouldn't hear it."

He laughed. "Come on, you need to relax. Why don't you go run a bath while I feed the animals."

She nodded, grateful for the suggestion. The days were starting to blend, and she needed something to break the monotony. She made her way to the bathroom, relieved that Rex had allowed her to have a bath this morning. It had been weeks since she'd been allowed to do so since he always insisted they shower together.

She poured in some lavender-scented bubbles before stepping into the tub. The hot water soothed her muscles, and she let out a sigh of relief.

As she relaxed, she heard the bathroom door open, and her heart raced as she wondered if Branton had returned. But based on his expression, she could tell it was Rex, and she relaxed slightly.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, trying to keep the fear out of her voice.

"I thought I'd join you," he replied with a grin as he stripped off his clothes and stepped into the tub behind her.

"Rex, what are you doing?" she protested, trying to push him away.

He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back against him. "Relax, kitten. It's just a bath."

She stayed silent as he ran his hands up her arms. "You're really on edge, huh."

She released a loud exhale. "Can you blame me?"

"I've been thinking," he started, "how about we have a safe word so you know it's me."

She turned to look at him. "That would help."

"How about Kitty?" he grinned.

"Fine, whatever works," she agreed, too tired to argue.

Steam rose around them, creating a cocoon of intimacy in the bathroom. The lavender-scented bubbles added a soothing aroma to the atmosphere.

Evie flinched as she suddenly felt Rex's excitement against her back. She hated him for what he'd done to her, but there was a part of her that was still drawn to him. She let out a shuddering breath as she felt him kiss her neck, and she closed her eyes, trying to push away the conflicting feelings.

They ended up having sex in the bath and Evie felt a mixture of pleasure and shame as she let him take her.

...

Afterwards, as Rex dozed off while they were in bed, Evie lay there, staring up at the ceiling. She knew she needed to escape, but the thought of leaving him made her heart ache. She hated him for what he'd done to her, but there was a part of her that loved him too.

As Evie dressed herself, she tried to be as quiet as possible, her heart racing with adrenaline. She knew that if she woke Rex, her chances of escape would be slim. Finally, she was ready to make her move.

As she approached the front door, she felt a flicker of fear. But when she peeked outside, she saw nothing but the peaceful countryside.

That's when she noticed that the electric fence was down, just like she had anticipated. Rex had once again forgotten to activate it after feeding the animals.

It was her chance. She felt a wave of hope wash over her. This could be her only opportunity to escape.

As she crossed the lawn, she paused for a moment, looking back at the house. She had complicated feelings for Rex, and a small part of her wanted to stay with him, despite everything he had done. But she knew that if she didn't leave now, she might never get another chance.

With a deep breath, Evie took her first step towards freedom.

**

Rex watched Evie from the porch with a twisted grin on his face. "Still such a naughty kitty cat," he announced while sparking up a cigarette.

He took a few long drags before crushing the cigarette under his boot.

As Evie moved further away from the house, Rex continued to watch her, a peculiar mix of emotions running through him. He knew that he had kept her against her will, but there was a part of him that had genuinely grown fond of her during their time together. He remembered the moments of laughter, shared secrets, and even their intimate encounters. It was a twisted love, but love nonetheless.

Yet, Rex had also made preparations for this day, just in case. He reached down by the porch and picked up a concealed rifle. His original intention was to shoot her if she ever attempted to run away, to ensure she'd never escape his grasp. But now, as he watched her hesitating by the open gate, his finger rested on the trigger.

He paused as Evie suddenly stopped. After a few moments, she turned back towards the house.

Rex took a deep breath and placed the gun back where it was hidden. Quietly, he approached the open gate, a smug smile on his face, concealing the conflict within. "Welcome home, Kitten," he called out to Evie.

Evie appeared shocked by his presence. As she looked at Rex standing at the gate, her heart raced. She truly thought she could escape, but she just couldn't bring herself to leave him.

As she walked back toward the house, she couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. In the twisted reality they had created, she had found some strange comfort in Rex's presence. The conflicting feelings of love and hate tore at her, but for now, the familiarity of the house was a bittersweet refuge.

Rex offered his hand to her. Evie took it, not knowing whether it was the right decision, but unable to sever the complex bond that had formed between them.

As they entered the house together, Rex discreetly locked the door behind them, keeping the world at bay, and the secrets of their unusual relationship remained hidden from prying eyes.