11 || Hide & Seek

-Eulalia-

Eight o'clock.

It's eight o'clock in the morning.

10 days ago I was in a police station.

And I've been purposefully ignoring Harry.

Not for one reason, but for many reasons. I don't mean to, it's an instinct of mine, hiding from my problems is something I need to work on.

But besides that, working hard for my career is more important than worrying about some guy, who is clueless of the fact that I'm trying to get him to fall deeply in love with me, and obviously carefully.

Rehearsing my free style for regionals has been extremely stressful. For me and my father. As my mind has been distracted by other things, it deeply affects me and I become sloppy.

The mouth of my father, he will tell me straightforwardly that I have been terrible on the ice. I appreciate that he isn't afraid to speak his truth, but it has hurt my feelings a few times.

He hasn't been updated on everything with the break-in situation, so he isn't aware of my feelings and the stress I've built up in the past days. 

Though the worst part is, I'm not planning on telling him. He can't be worrying about my well-being when he has so many clients to focus on too. Which is why I've decided to reach out to my mother—my other half.

Coming to a halt, the screech of my skates against the non fresh ice builds shreds of ice grinding against below me, "that was better, but I know you can do better."

"Yes. I know." Walking off the rink to rest, lifting my water bottle to my lips and hydrating my exhausted body, I gaze my eyes to the lobby. Four large windows give me access to see who comes in and out.

My stomach drops when I've noticed him walking through the door, his hands shoved into his suit pockets. All the ladies' eyes stare sharp turns to look him up and down.

"Bathroom." I mutter to my father and rush to meet him at the entrance.

As Harry's eyes meet mine, I'm furious. Looking behind me, my father has disappeared and has found himself at the vending machine to get a snack.

"Hello, Love Dove."

"Shut it." I grit, dragging his arm into a closet. I push his shoulder inside and I squeeze into the claustrophobic space.

The dark room is filled with collective items and nobody goes in here anymore. I look above me, between Harry and I is a strand dangling from a lightbulb. I pull the beaded string and it clicks once, the light barely shining down on us. My fingers gripping it once more, and adding pressure to it the light clicks and it becomes brighter.

"Light has upon us." Harry chuckles, "how are you-"

"What are you doing here?!" I interrupted him, upset that he had the audacity to come here, to the ice area, where everyone knows everyone's business.

"Well, you've been ignoring me and I figured I would take a pit stop along to work. Is there something wrong with that?" He arches his eyebrow.

"Jesus. Harry," I groan, "you can't just pop up."

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

"That's not a good excuse," he crosses his arms over his chest, "now, I want you to apologize to me."

I scoff, "apologize?" I laugh, "are you serious right now?"

"Dead." He mutters, his eyes staring into mine deeply. I try to step back, but the surface reaches the ending point and I'm trapped. I suck in air, hoping to escape the intimidation, but nothing follows through.