32 || Bet & Regret

Trigger Warning: Small Talk About Blood and use of Alcohol! Read at your own Risk!

-Eulalia-

As my eyes flash with weariness, blinking repeatedly to adjust from the bright lights, I look at Harry. He has his hand on my thigh, rubbing the softness of my pants, waking me up.

Clueless as to where I am, my head clicks with a lightbulb. We've officially made it to Las Vegas, Nevada. For almost eight hours, I've been cramped in a tiny seat, next to a lovely man named Harry, and an older lady that's been drooling over Harry.

Glad that I've gotten some sleep on the plane, I'm still exhausted.

I lean up and shuffle out of my seat. Harry has pushed his way through the small aisle, allowing me to lead the way.

Brushing the flyaways on my head, I fix my posture, rubbing my left eye to widen me up so more.

"Have a lovely trip!" The flight attendant cheers, a bright smile works on her face while Harry and me exit the airplane.

It's been two weeks since Niall's birthday party. That night has filled my memory box with an extreme amount of memories.

These past few days I've still taken a full break off skating and killing. Determined to focus on my mother, who is working on full recovery. She's made so much progress from the robbery, it makes me so happy.

I'm still so nervous of her to leave the house and work back up at the bookstore, that she's picked up on some hobbies around the house.

Knitting has been her most favorite, but also puzzles, painting, making bracelets. She's even tried scrapbooking—it doesn't like her very much though.

Yesterday afternoon I had a few things to still pack, that it caught me in a knot. I was debating wether or not to go, but my mother insisted to explore the beautiful city of Las Vegas. I hugged her so many times early this morning that I was pushed out the door. I think she was more excited than I was.

Making our way to get our baggage, Harry pulls out his phone, already calling an uber to escort us to our fancy and already paid hotel room.

Since this is a business trip, all the expenses are paid. Only today, of this vacation, is business related, but the rest of the time? Harry and me are free to adventure the different casinos, drink large glasses of wine, and eat as much as we can.

It's around three o'clock in the afternoon and all I want to do is go to the hotel and sleep in the nice comfortable bed.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Harry catches my attention, rolling my suitcase outside to where all the traffic has entered our eyesight. My hair blows through the wind, my eyes search the different people. They're all greeting or saying their goodbyes.

"Oh nothing," I shrug my shoulders.

Harry nods his head, scooting our bags to the edge of the curb, searching for our car. A black car pulls right up to our sides. Harry opens to the back door, leaning in and politely asking the driver, "for Harry?" The driver nods and Harry gestures me to sit down, closing the door on me when I've sat down. He goes around to the back to put our bags in the trunk and then finds his seat next to me on the other side.

By the time we've made it to the hotel, checked into our hotel room, I can barely keep my eyes open. I loosely take my bag from Harry's hold. He seems concerned about my tiredness, that his hand reaches to rest on my back, whispering down into my ear, "are you OK, Eulalia?" He sounds worry.

I nod my head. "Just tired is all," I mumble, rolling the bag into the elevator, standing close to Harry, "once we can get to the room, you can take a beautiful nap." I smile, the words that spill out of his mouth sound delightful.