61 || Suspects & Witnesses

-Eulalia-

Arriving to court with a straight posture, head held high, and a smile on my lips, I continue to stay focused and positive.

Though I will not be on the stance today, my nerves still end up shivering up to my neck and balance between my skin.

First up on the witness box is Melina. Yes, we have had our differences and secrets, I know she will be on my side throughout the whole process.

We did not ask her to come and stand for me, but Liam did, she has promised to try her best to help us out. I hope that the jury will still see my chances.

Crossing my legs over each other, I wear a body length floral designed skirt and a simple white top. The heat somehow still sticking to my skin, but I will manage for the next couple of hours.

Reaching forward for a pen, I begin to click the top button for the ink to peak out. I don't draw anything down, but I do begin to fidget with it, unclasping and clasping the pen with loud clicks.

Melina walks up, her heels click and clack up until she's sat, adjusted to a perfect position.

Felix sits up and walks to the podium.

"Hello," Felix greets, "shall we begin?"

"We shall." She agrees, her eyes only on Felix.

"The night of the death of Simon Brown, could you please state where you were?" Felix asked, his hands pressed flat on the surface, patiently waiting for an answer.

I bring the pen to my teeth, biting down, inducting the plastic surrounding.

"Me and a group of my friends were at a bar slash club. It was so much fun." She explains, responding easily.

I remember that night so well in my head. I did have a blast, for the most part.

"Excellent." Felix nods, clearing his throat to continue. "Could you please tell us what Eulalia said before she left?"

"Oh, yes." She smiles, "Eulalia told everyone at the table that there was a family emergency. She left right afterward." Melina told, her eyes still lingering on Felix. She always had been good at eye contact.

"How did she seem? Happy, sad, angry?" Felix wonders, his fingers drumming the surface of the podium now.

"Hmm," she hums quietly. "I would infer that she seemed quite upset and in a hurry. And now I am looking back at it, it would make sense if she was trying to make it home to help her mother." Melina answers in honesty.

"You work for Eulalia's mother, don't you?"

"I do, it's mostly volunteering than taking her money. Yet, somehow she still gives me paychecks. Her mother is quite a stubborn person." Melina chuckles softly at her own words.

I shift in my seat, leaning forward to grab a water bottle. I bring the rim to my lips, leaning my head back to coat my parched throat.

"Thank you, no further questions your honor." Felix gestures with a polite wave. He sits back down next to Eulalia.

Liam stands up, smoothing out his blazer jacket, sweat rolling down his forehead. He rolls his shoulders back, straightening his slouched posture.

"Melina, you have known Eulalia since you guys were little, correct?"

"That is correct." Melina nods, her hair falling in front of her eyes. She pushes the loose strands away stares back to him.

"So you would say you know her the most between everyone in this courtroom?" Liam motions around the whole room, but his eyes still kept on Melina.