41 || Dark & Stormy

Double Update! Read this chapter before Chapter 42!
Trigger Warning: Small Talk of Blood! Read at your own Risk!

-Harry-

Today is the second day of being separated from Eulalia and I miss her. With a broken arm and ribs, it is used against my advantage from seeing her. The doctors have demanded me to stay away until I am fully healed—healed enough that I do not need such a large dose of medication—to officially see her.

Since I was cleared to leave the recovery room, I am laying down in my hospital room, the rain outside hitting against the wall, and my head relaxed on the pillow. I turned on the TV to distract myself from thinking about her, but it's the only thing on my mind. Her.

Louis left a few minutes ago to get some food for the both of us because if I have to eat another hospital meal, I will puke, purposefully. Plus, the food court on the main level is ten times better and I could really use something refreshing to boost my energy levels.

Leaning on my side, my fingers gaze just enough to reach out and grab my phone. I open my phone, going to my contacts and pressing my mother's number. Since my mum is back in London, I should give her a call to tell her I am alright.

"Hello?"

"Hey mum, how are you?" I ask, wondering, my voice is a bit scratchy.

A sigh of relief is exhaled on the other side of the phone.
Speaking up, she murmurs, "Harry, Honey, I was terrified. How are you?"

"I could be better...she isn't waking up mum." My voice breaks, my lip quivering, but inhaling, I recollect myself. My mum stayed quiet on the other side until she said, "it's going to be OK, she's a good person and tough. From what I heard from you, you know her the best."

Closing my eyes, "you're right. She's super strong, but something about this situation makes me sick. I do not know what I would do if I lost her."

"Now, now, don't speak like that, alright? You won't lose her."

"O-OK, I just wanted to check up on you, too. Your plane flight is scheduled for tomorrow, right?" I asked, making sure I was correct. She hums loudly, "yes, Honey, I will see you tomorrow night, or even the next day."

Nodding, even though she can't see, I sigh. The hospital door opens up and closes, the ruffling of bags are heard, and Louis walks in with our food. "I should get going, Mum, I will see you soon. I love you."

"I love you, too, Harry."

Hanging up, I set my phone on my side.

"Was that your mum?" Louis wondered, setting the food on the couch and unwrapping the burger from out of the package. He walks over to the side of the bed, handing me it. I take it from his hold, the juicy burger soaks into my taste buds. Junk food has never tasted better, "thank you, Louis. And to answer your question, yes it was."

"You're welcome," he smiles, biting into his own burger, "I have good news for you. Doctor Blake gave me the permission—after I begged on my knees—to allow you to visit Eulalia for a few hours. You may thank me later because it took a long ass time for him to become soft with me, but once you're finished with your burger, we can go to her room."

"Thank you, Louis, seriously."

"Hey, this isn't just for you, I haven't been able to see her either." That makes me laugh loudly.

For the next half an hour, I eat my burger with the shakes of excitement. Louis gets me to stand up on my bed and we walk to the elevator. Reaching her, the level above us, I am nervous to see her. When I walk in the door slowly, her mother's face turns to a smile and she gets up from her seat, "I was wondering when you would come, welcome Harry, she's been expecting you." Her mom gets up from the recliner seat, allowing me to sit next to her.