51 || Promises & Protection

Double Update! Read this chapter after Chapter 50!
Trigger Warning: Murder! Description of Blood! Read at your own Risk!
(mb for writing mistakes)

-Eulalia-

With the weekend rolling around, I woke up early to go across the street to get both Harry and I awakening drinks to survive the day. Harry slept like a baby Monday night into Tuesday, feeling so much better. Thankfully his cold hasn't passed on to me.

Before going up to the apartment, I go to the public mailboxes to see if Harry has any important mail. I don't snoop, so when I get back, Harry walks through the kitchen, his hands rubbing over his tired eyes.

"Where we're you this morning?" He leans forward to press a kiss on my lips, wrapping his arms around my waist. I giggle when he cuddles my neck, kissing the soft spot behind my ear.

I wave the mail in his eyes and he groans, "boring," he mumbles, not interested. I then show him his Starbucks cup, the warmth of it building through my finger pads. This perks his interest and he grabs the cup, bring the brim to his lips. I suck on my own drink, the warm tea lathering my throat.

Harry skims the mail wether he likes it or not, and ends up pausing on a large, yellow envelope, "uh, Babe, I think this is for you?" He hands over the item, confusion crossing between both of my brows. Bold letters of my name are written across the paper. I turn it around, unclipping the silver metal together and open the slip to pull out a couple pieces of paper. My stomach drops when a handwritten letter is made out to me. My eyes roam the surface, my finger following along as I quietly whisper the words.

Dear Eulalia Rue Snow,

When writing this letter out to you, it took all my power to make out what I really wanted to say to you. Hidden behind this paper is someone very close and special you already know, which is why my identity hasn't been revealed yet.

For the past months I have been sending you clues (riddles) with following notes (poems). With success, you have accomplished each one of them, with the help of your friends. I know it may seem scary reading this, but I promise I ain't the scary one. You are, Eulalia.

I have enough evidence to expose the real you, but before I press that onto you, you have one arrangement for me. If it isn't finished properly, everyone you love will be hurt severely. If you don't expose your secret to one of your friends, life will be miserable.

Not wanting you to make the specific choice, I have decided already for you. In 24 hours, you must explain your life to Zoe Park. If this isn't accomplished and told to her directly, you will regret your decisions.

I made reservations at Mack's Restaurant. They're made at six o'clock sharp for three people only. The person you invite as your plus-one with Zoe, do it wisely.

With my blessings,
your mystery man.

p.s.

If you are justice, please do not lie. What is the price for your blind eye?

Whipping the tears streaming down my face, Harry takes the paper from my hold and reading it. His face falters, anger pooling. I rush my hands through my hair, frustrated from all this bullshit.

Harry slams the paper down, grabbing me to hug my body tightly, kissing my head, and massaging my back. I clutch his shirt with both my hands, sobbing exotically.

"It's OK, Eulalia. We'll be alright." His voice soothe, calming my hyperventilation.

I inhale through my nose, exhale out of my mouth. Once I finish settling down, I am able to breathe correctly, officially speaking without choking up. "I need to do this Harry. I can't lose everyone I love. I can't lose you." I rest my head on his chest, holding his shirt with my hand. He kisses my head once more, inhaling the scent of my hair.