CASE #1

CASE #1

                    ——————————————

"Pip, seriously you are a meme all over the internet!" Cara laughed as Conner peeked over. The meme they were talking about was me rolling my eyes, people think it was a mistake but it wasn't. I grabbed Cara's phone and shoved it into my pocket.

"Shut up Cara, let's just play Uno already," I said as I shuffled the cards drawing everyone's attention.  I noticed Ravi staring at me deeply making me blush and turn away.

"Meanie—anyway, Conner remember when you had that party? The mystery-solving game." Cara said as she grabbed her stack of cards. Conner's eyes widened and his mouth grew a smile.

"I remember, where Pip was pissed she didn't get the killer right and Ant being fucking annoying, ruining the game."  He said as he placed his green card.  Ravi looked around in confusion as Cara remembered he wasn't there.

"Shit, I'm sorry Ravi, I will tell you everything that happened and how pip went full mystery solver mode on us." She said as she placed a reverse card. Conner sighed and grabbed a card from the stack grabbing one after another. We all started laughing and made fun of Conner as it kept going.

A ring throughout the whole house made us freeze our laughs. I got up and headed towards the stairs. I did a quick turn and saw my friends getting up as well to see who it was. I opened the door to see a messy ginger hair girl standing at the door.

"Yes?" I asked as she stood there examining each part. She looked around and jumped making me flinch. She turned to me with her red sore eyes seeing she has been crying and ran her hand through her hair.

"I'm sorry, but you're Pippa right?..." she said softly. I saw  Cara, Conner, and Ravi  peeking their heads in confusion and waiting for me to close the door.

"Yes, I am—Why?" I say as I tilt my head to get a look at her. Her eyes were dark green and looked pretty yet terrifying in many ways. In my words, I described it as a snake hunting for prey.

"I'm here to ask you a question.." She breathed in and breathed out to get the words out of her mouth. "I need help... My sister—Estelle—she's missing." My eyes grew wide and my mouth was about to open but it didn't allow me to.

"I saw you solved a case—and since you're smart—I thought you can help me and find her.. to bring her home. " She continued with watering eyes.

I gulped, I didn't want to take a risk again. After me being in the hospital, I worried many people including myself. It felt wrong for me to say no and it felt as if it was my problem to solve.

"Uhm.." I said as I swung the door open wider. "Why don't you come inside..."  I looked at her and asked, "What's your name first."

"Maddy. Maddy Brown." She said walking inside and looking around as she stepped further into my house. I turned to close the door until a scream rang out.  Turning to see Maddy on the ground pointing to Cara, Conner, and Ravi.     

"Home intruders—-!!" Maddy screams grabbing the closest thing to her—my mom's vase.

I ran quickly in front of my friends as the glass fell down. Opening my eyes to see Maddy throwing it in the other hallway.

"Maddy—-I know them." I said placing my hand on my forehead. Cara mumbled something and I quickly understood what was whispered, "what the actual fuck".

Okay, this girl is unstable..

I walked to the front door and opened it. "Maddy, just leave. Give me your phone number and I will call you later."

She looked shocked and ran to me. For a reason—I couldn't move and allowed her to crash into me.

"Please, I beg you!!"

I can see Ravi, Conner, and Cara running us and quickly pulling her off me at the corner of my eye.

"Get off her—you crazy ginger!" Cara yelled as she and Conner pulled Maddy off my body.

Jesus. I could breathe. but the only thing I'm worried about is Maddy. Maddy seems as if something caused her to do it. Either a trauma from childhood may be possible...

"Fuck, Pippa are you okay?" Ravi said pulling me up and rubbing my arm.

I wanted to say something but Maddy screamed as Cara tried taking her outside.

"Oh my god," Cara already done with Maddy.

"Maddy," I raised my voice, making everyone look at me.

Hopefully I won't regret this..

"Tell me more about your sister."

-------------------------------------

WORD COUNT: 830

Note -

I am so sorry for making a short one, I hope this is okay but I haven't written in forever so I'm not the best. it's still a work-in-progress thing.