five

—————————————
We all went quiet. Everything around us was in pause after I announced the text.
"your not going alone." Maddy said, breaking the silence, "This person is very dangerous, in my point of view."
Ravi snatched my phone and read the message as if it was in another language. He swiped down and widened his eyes, with worried yet anger. "You knew?" He yelled,  "They've been texting you since 2:00AM."
That part, I did not know. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it again as he turned it off on accident. I looked at the messages and seen that he has been messaging me random stuff.
One read:
"I miss you. Call me back?"
Another read:
"Who are those friends of yours again?"
I shake my head and throw my phone on my messy bed. "I never knew he was texting me," I responded, "For once I wasn't up until 2:00 texting a random person." I run my temples as they start to tingle,with pain.
  "something has been up with you Pip, I know it." Cara stepped forward with her hands on her hips. "It's stupid how you think you are good at acting."
"I'm not acting?" I said looking around for an idea of what they wanted to say.
"He did something to you, didn't he?"  Conner stepped up as well, hands in pockets.
I shake my head. "No..they...No." I said fast. That made me seem for suspicious and as if he did something to me, he didn't...For now.
"Tell us!" Cara said brushing her hands into her hair. "Please?" adding manners.
"Nothing is wrong okay?" I said crossing my arms. "Stop fucking acting like Sherlock Holmes and get out of my house."
"We didn't mean to come off rude-we want to help you-" Maddy said. I started pushing them out with all my might.
"Get the fuck out!" I yell pushing Maddy, Cara, and Conner out. As I push Ravi he steps out before I could and I reach for my door knob. "I told you once, it was nothing."
I slam my door and lock it. I speed walk to my mirror and see I look like shit. My eye had dark circles and had no one expression of happiness when I form a smile. Of course that smile was fake, cause why would I fucking smile at a time like this?
I sit on my bed and just zone out thinking of how fucking messed up I was. Why would I do that? Why did they want to help me? I can fight my battles alone, especially when I don't want to drag them with me. I sigh and lay back on my bed, looking at the ceiling. How did anyone like me when I was so fucking-
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
I'm going crazy. There is a little ticking sound in my brain.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
Accept that it wasn't in my brain.
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
It was coming from my tote bag.

                     —————————————

I was frightened and ran to my tote bag to see a box with a timer, just like the movies. A note fell to the ground when I pulled out the box, scaring me. I grabbed the note and read it:
"Life is like a ticking bomb,
Tick.
Tick.
Tick.
It explodes and then, destroys everything around it.
Just like you and your friendships. "
"What the fuck does this mean?" I whisper. I gently placed the box down and reached for my phone. The box's ticking beeped faster scaring me, making me drop my phone in the process. I grabbed it and called Detective Hawkins, pressing his contact, I calmed myself down to prepare my self for what ever came.
"Pippa? Why are you calling me?" He said in a sleepy tone, taking a guess that he was on a day off.
"Detective Hawkins, I need your help, badly." I say with a wobbly voice.
"What happened?" He said, awake now. "Pippa. What happened?"
I take a deep breath and take a step back from the bomb. "There is a fucking bomb, in my tote bag......" I say quickly.....Too quickly......

                       —————————————
I hear the banging of the police and I ran to open the door. "You made it." I said opening the door wider.
"Parents or brother home?" Detective Hawkins says as he makes his way to my room.
I shake my head and walk up the stairs to lead him to where my room was. "Left for his soccer tournament."
He nodded and as we made room in my room, he saw it. His breathing was loud.
"get downstairs now." He said softly as a whisper not to activate the thing. "it's better to be downstairs then up here ."
"Well duh." I mumbled and walked down the stairs. I made my way to my kitchen pouring myself my leftover smoothie. As I put the rest of the smoothie back in, I look up to see Ravi, Maddy, Conner, and Cara standing there.
"Why the fuck is there a police car outside your house?" Conner said pointing to more police officers coming in.
"Just a bomb, found in my tote bag." I said placing the container back in the fridge. "and a cringe ass note."I turned back to look at their face and see they have widened their eyes.
"Wait-I'm sorry- but did you say a freaking bomb?" Cara said as she pointed to upstairs. "In your tote bag?"
I nodded and took a sip of my smoothie. "Yup, it started ticking so-" I shrugged.
"How are you so calm?" Maddy said making motions with her hands. "Like I would be like that bomb and be about to explod-"
"Not the time, Maddy." Everyone said expect for me and Maddy.
Maddy widened her eyes a bit and pouted a little. "What? That's just me trying to calm the f down." She said sighing loudly.
"Pippa." The detective made his entrance scaring Conner. "Follow me."
As I followed the detective upstairs, I noticed that they were following me as well. He grabbed my tote bag and gave it to one of the bomb-squad person leaving only us.
"When did you here it beep?" He asked as he had his notepad as usual.
"Well," I said, "I was just sitting on my bed and I just heard the ticking."
"Did you see anyone suspicious that may have placed it in your bag?"
"No." I said quickly. His eyebrow lifted up and took a step forward to me.
"Are you sure?"
"Why wouldn't I be?"
He stared at me and then placed his notepad back in his back pocket. "If anything is wrong again, you know my number." He said putting a hand in his hair. "Stay out of trouble, Pippa."
I smiled walking him to my front door. "I don't think I can, detective." He walked away and opened his car, pulling out the driveway. I stared at it as it drove away unit I couldn't see it. I turn to see them just looking at me.
"Pip, I know you said it was nothing," Maddy said softly, "but tell us what's wrong.."
"Still the same answer, Nothing."
Maddy sighs and looks at me with her teary beautiful eyes. She took a step forward and threw her arms around me. As I took a deep breath, I breath in her Miss Dior perfume. I really want to cry. Really. but no tears come out.
"Tell us when your ready okay?" Maddy said taking a step back to look at me.
I look at her and smile softly "I will when it's something."
Maddy, Cara, and Conner walk out of the house going into the car. Leaving only Ravi and me.
"Pip, please just-" Ravi said looking at me.
"Ravi." I said in a tone. "Please, it's nothing."
"You think it's nothing." He says raising his voice. "I see you getting eaten by whatever is happening with you. We are here for you Pip."
"I know." I said yelling. I look at him as he looks hurt. "Just.. leave it. It's fine. I'm fine."
He nods and then takes a step toward the door. He then stops his next step and kisses the top of my head, hugging me. "I love you. I hope you know that Pippa." He said taking a step outside the door, "I will never fall in love with someone else."
He then smiled softly at me and got into the car, as the car pulled out the driveway.
                               Leaving me alone.

                         —————————————
I got into my car and drove quickly to my aunts house. I put my blinker on as I approached her street. I turned the wheel and drove straight until I saw her house. The fancy and nice house with pretty flowers. Ones that make me feel jealous of it. The gate was opened for once allowing me to park in the driveway. I got out and stepped out, locking the door. I walked straight to the door as I rung the doorbell.
                                   Ding-Dong.
no response.
                                   Ding-Dong.
I pulled the door open as I noticed it was unlocked. The house was quiet but messy. Pictures on the ground, with glass shattered. Anxiety overcame as no one was here but blood on the shattered glass.
"Aunt?" I yelled out in the quiet house, "it's me, Pippa. Where are you?" I said going to each room.
No one was here.
"Right here bitch." A voice said with a raspy tone.
As I tried turning my head, someone knocked glass onto my head. I fell to the ground hitting the nice wooded flooring. My ears rang and I felt blood rush down my forehead. I tried seeing who it was but my eyes closed shut. All I could hear is high heels.
                                      Then.
                                    Nothing.
                     —————————————
Word Count: 1702

                                       Note:
The case is almost to a close. Next chapter will be the final of this case!! Note: I'm so sorry for not writing in a while as more test are coming before break. Please be aware that I have many things outside of writing this story. Thank you for those who are still reading this.

                          —————————————
Current Timeline:
(Will be updated if more.)

A good girls guide to murder (#1)- first
Case #1 (Hellsolvers) -second
Good girl, bad blood (#2) -third
Case #2: (Hellsolvers) - forth
As good as dead (#3)  -fifth
CASE #3 (Hellsolvers) -six