five

————————————————

"You went into my house?" Landon shocked.

"Yeah—but that's not the point." I continued,"You loved Lilith browns, we saw the letter and it was very.. anyway.. tell us everything about your relationship."

"Like everything?" He asked, "Even our-"

"Don't you even say sex cause I will fucking toss you across this hallway."

"Wasn't gonna say that but—"He put his hand up and then he looked away. "Can we sit down somewhere private?"

I nodded, gesturing for Ravi and Landon to follow.

————————————————

"We dated my sophomore year.. she was a freshmen and we met where she dropped.. um.." He chuckles then looks at us, "her food on my shoes. She felt bad and wanted to pay back but.. damn it.. she was drop dead gorgeous and I asked her out and we've been dating since.."

This was a new Landon and it was so weird how this dumbass is a whole different person.

No offense.

"By the time she was.." He took a deep breath and he started fidgeting "I texted her a good morning, she replied and she said she was going on a run and will talk to me later. She loved to run in the mornings—especially at that park. I told her to be safe and then.. she stopped texting. This was days before she-"

"Wait—how many days?" I asked.

"3 days before the murder." He said sighing.

"Holy shit." Ravi whispering.

"Holy shit indeed.." I whispered back.

I cleared my throat and went back to the conversation. "Did anything seem off at all?"

"Excuse me?"

"Oh sorry.." I said,"I meant when texting her."

"Ah.. right.." he says, "No.. not at all.. she was the same old happy girl.."

"Okay.. thank you.. did she hang out with any of the victims?"

"Liah was her friend.. but that one person..wasn't.." He then points to a name.

Johnathan Adams.

"Do you know who he is? Or heard of him..?" I asked signaling to Ravi to write it down.

"He went to the school.. he was in another friend group. He was in the garden club and volunteered at parks to help clean them." Landon pointed out, "He was a loner, but he was nice. I talked to him cause no one was."

"Oh my god, does Landon have a heart?" My comment slipped out.

"Your just mad that I have one. Anyway—I have baseball practice right now so—"

"Of course.. thank you Landon." I said.

He nodded and grabbed his backpack and walked out the door.

"Oh shit.." I sighed.

"I wrote it down, don't worry Sarge." Ravi showing me the notes.

"Your a savior."

"I know." He winked.

"We should go to my apartment and show this to the others." I pointed out.