nine

-------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry for making you worry.." Maddy mumbled as she played with her ginger hair. I knew she felt embarrassed but she shouldn't be at all. 

"It's okay, do you want me to stay longer?" I asked as her eyes looked up at me. 

"I would like that.. Thank you." She nodded and placed her head on my shoulder. She gained trust of me, and Now I trust her as she shares her life.

Some are funny, some are sad, some are what the fuck moments but hearing how her life went amazes me on how she dealt with so much on her plate on her own

Several set of footsteps were heard up running calling my name. No surprise as its Cara, Conner, and Ravi.

"We tracked your device.. are you oka-" Conner said out of breath from running up the stairs. He looked at my shoulder and tilted his eye waiting for a answer. 

I gave him a look to not speak but Maddy looked up and looked away. "I'm sorry, really sorry that I made you guys stressed over Pippa." Her voice sounded as if she hadn't drunk any water at all so I scooched to the edge of the bed. 

I got up from the bed and grabbed her water for her. She smiled softly and drunk half the water. "Thank you, but maybe you should leave and explain why you were with me. " She said looking at us with hope. 

"We want to help." Ravi spat at making Maddy widen her eyes. She looked as if she saw a ghost and got up. 

"Are- Are you being for real about it?" She said walking toward Ravi, Cara, and Conner. They all backed up and she stopped.  "Shit sorry, I know I entered you're guys person bubble."

Cara took a step forward and hugged her. "I'm sorry if we acted wrong .. mean." She said hugging her tight. Maddy made a sound making us freeze. We all locked our eyes as Cara let her go from her reach. We all walked toward her and saw her crying. "Oh shit, Was I too tight.." Cara said as she looked with a worried look.

She started sobbing and we rushed her toward her bed to sit. "What's wrong Maddy?" I said crouching down to see her clearer. She sniffed and wiped her tears. 

"No one cared for me that well expect Camila." She said sobbing. "Its been too long, I forgot how it felt.. I'm really sorry if this is stupid." 

I forgot. She knew her as well.. 

"It's okay let it out.." I said standing up and sitting next to her. I looked up to see my friends closer trying to comfort her. She started laughing as Conner fell in a funny way. It made us all laugh as Conner was embarrassed. 

"I could've died. I tripped on something." He said pulling a sad face on like the apple emoji making us laugh harder. 

"What did you trip on Conner?" I asked as I was still laughing as well as the others. 

He looked and saw a box and grabbed it. "Maddy is this yours?" He said as he shook it. 

Maddy furrowed her eyebrows and got up. "That's not mine.. nor my families." Her comment made us frozen with a chill down our spine. We circled around the box and Conner handed it to me. I opened it and saw a letter and a stack of an envelope. "What is this?" I said as I grabbed the letter to read it. It stated: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Maddy, 

Camila and Estelle are very much safe. Don't look for them. They say they love you and want you to live on and move on from the case as they are having fun together talking for hours. Don't look for them Maddy and make sure Pippa and her friends don't investigate.