four

————————————————

As I drove into the parking lot of my apartment complex, I knew I had to see Landon. He being nervous about the victims, knowing about them as well, I needed to get more information.

I got my car and didn't lock it just yet. I ran up stairs and opened the door and shoved my shoes and coat off quickly. I looked up and saw Ravi eating a protein bar. Alone.

"Oh.. hey sarge." He said softly. "I didn't know you would be home right now."

She looked into his eyes and God. They were innocent. He was pure innocent, he didn't kill anyone like I did. He protected me with those eyes.

I looked away and I nodded, "Well.. I was at a coffee shop and turns out I have a new suspect." I told him as I passed him the notebook. I walked over to him and his eyes were on me.

Me.

I grabbed a protein bar as well and opened the wrapper. "These are good right? I haven't tried them." I asked him looking up and saw him looking at me. I mean of course he's gonna look at me but it felt different. Like he needed to look at me.

He blushed and nodded, looking into the notebook, basically hiding his face. I smiled softly and took a bite of it. I then went next to him and pointed out. "Do these make sense? I don't know if-"

"Yes, Yes, they make sense Sarge." He said a little to fast. He cleared his throat and ran his hand through his messy hair. "Do you have water? I mean you have water but like May I have some-"

I laughed and covered my mouth. "Yes I'll get you a cup." I made my way to the cabinets and grabbed two cups, then going to the fridge and filling it up. I made my way to him and placed the glasses down.

"Landon? How is he a suspect?" He asked looking at me confused.

"He saw the list of the victims and he freaked out. I knew that he known them. He basically went pale when he repeated the names. " I said as I took a sip of my water.

"Weird." Ravi said looking at the other notes.

"Which part?" I asked him.

"Everything." He said smiling at me. That smile always made me lose it. When I lose it I mean, I'm a different person in my mind.

"So Sarge-" Ravi began before he was cut off.

Cara opens the door and then hands me a paper. I look at her and look at her.

"Why are you giving me this paper?" I asked as she smirked.

"Let's all eat there. Today." She said pointing to the diners name.

I looked at the fridge and knew I had to go grocery shopping so my answer was yes unless they wanted to eat protein bars for their time being.

"Fine, plus I don't have any food for you guys to eat." I told her as I put the paper on the counter and then walked to my room. "I'm grabbing my purse, where are the others?"

"Right here, You want us to pay?" She called out as I went to look at my wallet.

I didn't have any cash and I signed onto my credit card and sighed. "Sadly yes, bills just got payed.. I forgot."