six

"He had tattoos on him. On his hands" I said to Ravi as he looked up finishing his third bowl. My parents were upstairs helping josh build his new Lego set giving it the perfect time to talk about it with Cara, Conner, and Ravi.

"What kind were they?" Conner said pushing the pasta to the side of his mouth to talk. I grabbed a paper and drew it out with a sharpie found near by.

I drew a crappy looking skull and a cross on the hands of him and the wrist. The cross was on the middle finger below and the skull was a huge looking tattoo on his wrist.

"If someone has this, they are that person who tried attacking us" I said as I dropped the sharpie.

"And possibly has feelings for you" Cara said as she stuffed more pasta in her mouth.

I looked at her with a serious look. I mean maybe he just wants us to think he likes me. This is s,o confusing, my brain is scattered around and it just going to push me to the edge. 

"Okay.. Do you want me to drive you guys home, I don't want you guys getting hurt by that guy." I said as I grabbed all their bowls to clean. 

"My parents aren't home, nor Jamie." Conner said as I grabbed his bowl again to finish his last bite. 

"Naomi is out of town and my grandparents are at the beach house." Cara said as she played with her hair. 

I can't leave them to be alone. What if they get attacked? What if they get killed? What if they get hurt and it's my fault? What if they get killed? What if-

"Sarge? Are you okay?" Ravi whispered as I came back from thinking.

I get startled and almost drop the bowls but I catch myself to calm myself. "Yup." is all I could say, my brain, my heart, wanted to say something else. something is stopping me from the truth, or speaking of it and its pissing me off.

---------------------------------

Maddy's POV:

---------------------------------------------------------

"Leave us alone, Maddy." My mother yelled as my sister and her were painting each other nails. "We are busy."

I am always pushed away. My older brother moved away leaving me in this hell hole. 

I walk towards the mirror and take a look at me. My ginger hair is messy and floats. Why can't I look nice. My sister has been treated better since she was pretty, smart, and easy to talk to.  I'm Maddy, the sister not known for being her but being Estelle's sister. What if I'm someone who everyone likes. I take a look and look back at my sisters clothes. 

maybe, if I dress like my sister, and act like her. Mother.. Everyone.. will like me. I grab my sisters dress and removed my own. I grabbed the dress and shoved it on me. 

I grabbed her brush and brushed softly, like how she does it, and hum a melody. I close my eyes and look myself in the mirror, I look like her. I love it. I'm pretty. Will everyone think that too?

"What the hell are you doing with my stuff?" Estelle's voice startles me and making me drop the brush.  I jump up and tear up. "I just want to be liked, by classmates, teachers, mom!" I said as I tried picking up the brush. 

She snatched the brush and placed it down. "Why? You get treated so well." She said crossing her arms with flames in her eyes. Did she just say I get treated well? That's a lie. Liar. 

"You do not know anything as you get treated like a goddess!" I said crying. "Mother doesn't like me and takes all her time with you, it's always been that!"