one

———————————————
                What the actual fuck happened.
Detective Hawkins informed me that a body was found in the same location at 5:47 AM in the morning. The girl was found by runners and identified them as a high school student named Liah Mae.
I rushed into my car and onto the freeway. I made my way to Fairview police station as I saw Ravi's car again. I didn't care at this point. I needed to stop this.
I opened the main door and walked to detective's Hawkins room. I opened the door and slammed my hands on the table.
"This could've been avoided if you allowed me to investigate." I said with a pissed tone. "But no, it was too dangerous."
"Pippa, calm down-" He tried saying instead of Cara interrupting him.
"Don't tell her to calm down asshole." She shouted. "Literally someone was murdered who was only in highschool, Hawkins."
He slammed his fist onto the desk giving me the most angry glare ever, even worse than my professors. He pointed at me and walked towards me.
"I am trying to protect your lives-"
"What about those people who were murdered? Didn't they have a life before they were killed?" I said looking at him with anger.
"I am trying-"
"Try harder." I said crossing my hands. "I did it and I was only in highschool."
Everything in the world went silent after I made that comment. It was true, I did save many peoples life. Just not Stanley's.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
I saved many peoples lives.
Just not Stanley's.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
I'm so sorry.
I saved Ravi's family, Maddy's family, Conner's, my cousin Nora, and-
You didn't save Stanley.
Not Stanley.
Child Brunswick.
No Stanley.
Child Brunswick.
Fuck.
I destroyed Cara's family.
I didn't save Stanley.
I Fucking killed someone. 
I blamed someone who didn't do the crime.
He deserved it.
Fuck him.
That rapist.
Fuck him-
"Pippa. Im a fucking police officer and my job is to protect-"
"What about when Ravi's family were shammed of his falsely accused brother for years?" I said looking into his eyes.
"What about when I needed help, when the cases were getting intense?"
"You were never protecting anyone but yourself." I whispered as he looked like he was going to hit me.
He was probably.
Useless piece of shit.
"I tried-" he began.
"You tried huh?," I said raising my voice, "You never tried for anyone who needed the help."
I looked at Ravi, Conner, Maddy, and Cara as they stare at me with proudness but sadly.
"If you aren't going to help with this case, I'm fucking gonna do it anyway." I said turning to the door.
"Your not making another step Pippa." He said from behind me.
"Watch me, bitch." I said as I took a step and walked away fast to my car.
He was following me, to my car.
I locked my car door as he began to bang on my window.  I rolled down my window slightly to annoy him and looked away pretending I couldn't hear him shouting.
"Man, I wonder if someone is talking to me." I said starting my car. I looked up to see them watching him banging on the window.
I looked at them as they met my contact and I mouthed to them, "follow my car."
Maddy nodded as she told Ravi. Ravi met my gaze and I wished I could stare at it the whole day. But no I can't. He nodded as they got into their car. I pulled out and drove away seeing them follow me. I saw detective Hawkins running to his car to follow so I sped up. I looked back to see Ravi also speeding up making me remember the time-
I heard honking and saw a car merging quickly. I braked faster and put my foot back on the gas pedal. I saw Hawkins car from behind and I smirked.
This is going to be so much fun.
                      ———————————————
I made them follow me to my apartment due to the fact he knew where we were going. I parked and made my way up the stairs. I grabbed my house keys and unlocked the door getting the door to open.
I heard them following me and I pulled the door wider to invite them in. As they all came in, I closed the door and locked it. I sighed and placed my purse down.
"That was so fun." I said as I grabbed water. I turned to see them looking at me funny.
"Getting detective Hawkins mad?" Maddy said slowly. Then later snorting hard. "It was wasn't it?"
"You guys can stay over, he will know we would be there so..." I said grabbing extra pillows and blankets. "Just make yourself comfortable."
"Thanks Pip." Conner said hugging me. I wasn't much a hug person, I just froze as he hugged me and he noticed. "Sorry to overstep my boundaries-"
"It's fine, people tend to overstep the boundaries." I said smiling softly. "I'm going to bed, goodnight." They all said goodnight and just sat there.
"You guys can use the tv, and get what ever is in the fridge."
"Oh, uhm thank you." Cara said as she walked to the fridge.
I walked to my bedroom door and closed it sighing. I put on my pjs and dropped on my bed. I fell asleep very fast.
                     ———————————————
"Pip, wake up." Someone said, "Someone is at the door."
I opened my eyes to see Maddy standing over me. I sat up and put my legs onto the floor. "Thank you Maddy." I said softly as I can sense a little smile from her.
I walked to the living room to see their eyes meeting mine. I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. I opened the door to see an asshole standing right in front of me.
Landon.
"What the fuck are doing here at 4:30?" I said as I tried closing my door slightly to make sure he didn't notice them. "Didn't you just come from vacation?"
"Let's go to a party." He said leaning on the door frame.
"Excuse me?" I said as he smirked, "Did you want to go with my roommate or something?"
"Nope. Just you Pippa." He said leaning towards me. "Would you care to?"
"Let me think about it." I said looking up. "Yeah no."
"Why not?" He raised his voice.
"Cause I'm literally trying to sleep asshole." I said putting my hand on my face.
"We can have fun, you can have fun." He said moving his hand in motions. "You can have a boy who can fuck you or whatever."
"Yeah I'm okay, I'm just trying to sleep." I said annoyed. "Just go to the party Landon."
"What are you hiding?" He said trying to look into my apartment. "Boys?"
I tried closing the door on him but he shot the door wide open. Holy shit he's strong. I turned to my friends and I mouthed, "hide". They quickly did so and I couldn't see them at all.
He grabbed my arm and walked in. "What are you hiding Pip." He walked around the whole apartment with his hand on my arm, tight. He turned to me and looked at me in confusion. "So was there no one here all along."
I nodded and finally got free from his grasp around my arm. "So why did you walk into my apartment to see if there was boys in here?"
He went silent and walked to the door, looking around one more time with his eyes. "Fine, I was jealous of you having someone else." I widened my eyes and covered my mouth.
"Wait what?" I said.
"I may have a thing for you but- many people do too, on the campus and online." He said quickly.
People have a thing for me?
How?
"Oh- uhm." I said quietly, "okay.. that was something... well I need to sleep so goodnight." I said pushing him out and closing the door. I locked it and I sighed. "You guys can come out now."
They all came out their spots and they looked with disgust.
"Who the hell was that asshole?" Conner said.
"Landon- he's very annoying and bugs me alot."
"Why did he grab your arm like that? That was such a weirdo move." Maddy said sitting on the arm part of the couch.
"I literally don't know."
"What does he mean by having a thing for you?" Ravi said.
It took my a while to say a answer and I just shrugged. "Don't know."
"Do you have class today?" Cara asked.
"Yeah, you guys can come with me, I'm sure the professors would want guest to come and watch the lessons." I said rubbing my eyes. "I think I'm going to shower right now."
They all nodded and turned on the tv. I looked back and saw Ravi staring at me. I smiled softly and walked into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and I grabbed my towel.
As I walked into the shower, I stood there letting the warm water hit me. I then placed some shampoo in my hands and rubbed them together. I massaged my hair with the shampoo and conditioner and washed my body. I then turned off the water after and placed a towel on me.
I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I looked different. Compared to me 2 years ago and now, I was definitely different.
I plugged in the blow dryer and then did my skincare. After I picked up the blow dryer and turned it on. My hair was dry and now I put on some mascara and lipgloss. My outfit today was very simple as it was a plaid skirt and a white turtleneck. I put on some jewelry and looked at my myself. I looked okay, not the best, but okay.
I walked out my bedroom as the bathroom and my bedroom were connected to each other. I then went to the shoe rack where either my converse or my Mary janes were. I grabbed my Mary janes and put them on and stood back up. I grabbed my black coat as it was very cold outside and looked at everyone still watching tv.
"Did you guys get ready yet? I'm supposed to leave right now." I said opening the door.
As I turned back, I saw them all jumping up looking around for their clothes.
I forgot they just came here with no bags.
"Just go in those," I said as I opened the door wider. "We are going to be late."
They followed me as I walked down with my car keys. I already had my backpack in my car and I got into the car. Ravi's car was next to mine and I realized he kept the same car ever since. I then rolled down the window. "Some of us can go in Ravi's car and some can go in mine, or unless you guys want to be in the same car from yesterday."
They all looked at each other and then Maddy and Cara came with me well the boys went in Ravi's car.
The car ride was very silent. I put on my blinker to the parking lot and saw Ravi's car follow me as well. "So how's college for you guys?" I said tapping my fingers on the wheel as the person in front try's to turn into the parking lot but fails too.
"It's okay." Cara says picking her nails.
"I think it's going well." Maddy said softly. "I mean it just seems off their at the college.
Me and cara turn to her on her last comment. "What seems off?"
She shrugs and just puts her head on the window. "It's fun sometimes but just not much. Everyone their seems off in their own ways."
I then turned my wheel as no cars were driving and into the parking lot of Columbia. I then drove up as the parking lot tends to get full on the bottom. After I found a parking spot and took it as fast as I could.
"You will be okay Mads, promise." I said as I grabbed my car door and opened it. They all came out the car and we saw Ravi parking beside us. They came out as well and I grabbed my backpack close to me. We walked to the elevator and we stood there in quiet. As the door opened I walked out first. The one thing I didn't expect was a women grabbed me and hugged my very tight.
"veux-tu être mon ami?" she asked.
"What?" I said quietly trying to get out her grasp.
"je suis pauvre et effrayé, s'il te plait sois mon ami." She cried.
I looked back at my friends as they looked at me with so much confusion. I was confused as well as I never saw her on campus. I mean never.
I pushed her gently and waved. I walked faster and looked back at my friends. "I didn't know who she was, I never saw her at school here."
"Weird." Conner said.
"Weird indeed." Cara called out.
                        ———————————————
Today was weird but normal day. The professors were kind and had Ravi, Conner, Cara, and Maddy to stay and watch the lessons. Thankfully.
We went to get coffee and we just talked. We talked about what we were doing recently and I was thankful that we were kind of normal.
"That one kid in the third row was very annoying." Maddy said sipping her iced coffee.
"I know, he makes sure everyone knows he's smart, or whatever." I said as I took a sip of my black coffee.  "He's one of the professors sons I think-" I said until someone hugged me from behind. I stood up and turned to see the same asshole today.
Landon.
"Didn't know you were here Pip." He said smirking.
"You literally say hi to me every-time I am here weirdo." I said crossing my arms. I sat back down and took a sip of my black coffee again.
"I mean who wouldn't since a girl is so fin-" he started until someone punched him.
Ravi.
Conner was the next one to punch him and I stood their with shock.
Holy shit.
Ravi and Conner just punched someone.
                           ———————————————
WORD COUNT: 2461 WORDS
NOTES:
Sorry for being not active as I tried to think on how the plot should be. I hope this chapter is okay cause I was half asleep making this. Anyway, remember to drink water and get sleep! Thank you for those who are still reading this story!! Love you very much!