CASE #2

------------------

"Pippa, they are here." My mother calls out as she fixes her left earring. I ran to the door like a child and opened it wide open.

I smiled widely and saw Conner, Ravi, Cara, and Maddy. "Are we late?" Maddy asked as the group walked in.

I shook my head and hugged them all.  My longest hug was with Ravi as he smooches the top of my head. "Get a room," Cara said as she ran to my mother to hug her. Cara loves my parents as if they were her own, and I'm glad she knows they are always there for her. I feel sad thinking about how I ruined the Ward family as I solved Andie's and Sal's case making him go to jail. The him I refer to is her father, Elliot Ward. I get back from my little world of thoughts and look up to see josh running to his room.

"Oh no! They are here!" He yells as he falls off one of the stairs but regains the strength to run. " Run for your life!" I examine at my mom as she sighed and went to her bedroom to see if she looked fine.

I ran to the window and saw my cousins closing the doors. "Ah shit."

"What's bad about your family coming over?" Maddy popped her head to see the cousins.

"Everything," I said as I looked around the room. The reason for this is that my aunt judges anything and I search for anything that will be affected during the visit. Nothing for now.

The door opened and my mother walked to her sister. "Hey, sis.." My mom smiled. My aunt embraces her and breaks the hug and looked at me with no happiness.

"I thought she wasn't going to be here." My aunt scoffs and places her bag in my hands. My mom turned and fidgeted with her hands.

"Well, she's my daughter.. making this her home.." My mom sighed and walked to my cousin, Nora, hugging her. "Hey honey.. how's the college experience doing for you."

Nora looked uncomfortable at the question and laughed it off. "I'm transferring to Florida International University.." My mom pulled out of the hug and widened her eyes.

"Why? What happened at Connecticut College?" My mom asked.

Nora stayed quiet and walked away with her mom to the kitchen.

I looked back at my friends and glimpse at them just observing, curiously.  I steptoward them and stood right beside them. "That's why."

"Your aunt is so-" Cara stated until I interrupted.

"Annoying and Hateful?" I sighed and continued. "That lady is very Judgmental. hope she doesn't say anything about you guys."

-------------------------------------------

"Why is your hair dyed a bright color?" My aunt points out to Maddy. 

"This is my natural color-" Maddy said touching her hair.

"Too bright. Liar." She says swallowing her red wine.

Oh. My. God.

Maddy smiled with a show of faking it and wiped her mouth with a napkin to hide the fake she hated this woman.