CASE #3

———————————————
"Hold on Mom!" I said as I clicked my Gmail. "The wifi is being slow." I was nervous. Very nervous as many thoughts came to me before clicking the Columbia University results.
"Are you ready?" Mom said as she came beside me as along as my brother and dad.
"What if-" I said until Joshua interrupted.
"Ravi, Cara, Maddy, and Conner are here!!" He yelled, running to open the door.
"Hey, dude." Ravi said fist bumping my brother. They walked in behind me looking at the screen for the results. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as I clicked the link.
I opened them back open as everything froze around me. The words "Welcome!" was read across the screen. I did it.
I jumped up from my chair and placed both my hands on my mouth. "I got in!!" I screamed.
Everything unfroze And everyone screamed with excitement. I hugged my parents and Joshua. Then I ran in Ravi's arms.
"I knew you would do it, Sarge." He kissed the top of my head and hugged me tight. He released me as Cara kicked him and put her arms around me as along as Maddy.
"I'm so proud of you Pip!!" Maddy says as she smiles at me.
"Pip, You did it!!" Cara sobbed on my shoulder. "Holy fuck, you got into thee Columbia University!!"
Conner cleared his throat and Cara threw him a look. She backed up and wiped her tears on her cardigan.
"You'll do great Pip, Just don't ghost us for rich kids okay?" He said hugging me.
I laughed as he back up from me, "Never."
———————————————
Never was a lie. I needed to leave them. I don't want anyone getting in trouble if they found out what I did to Jason Bell. As I drove away from my family, from my friends, and my hometown, I felt every emotion come to me. I couldn't stop until the fight was over. As I was getting closer to the dorms, I put my blinker on as I signaled I was merging. As I got off the freeway, I saw my school. Everyone looked happy as they walked together with boxes, excited to be here. I parked in a lot and turned the engine off. I took a deep breath and grabbed my car door open. It was time I start over again. Leaving my mistakes in Fairview.
———————————————
TUESDAY - 6:39 PM

"Hey sarge, remember me?"
I looked at the text. I felt tears paint my eyes as I got up to go to my bathroom. I locked the door and learned on the door letting it out. It was over.
I looked at the mirror in front of me and I wiped my tears and put on a smile. Another text read on my screen: "Can you start dinner for us today?" My roommate texted me. I sent a thumbs up and turned my phone off. I unlocked the door to the bathroom and make my way to the fridge to start dinner. The doorbell rings and I go to the door, pulling the door open. As I looked up to see who it was, it was someone who shouldn't be here.
Detective Hawkins.
———————————————

"What trouble caused you to be at Columbia?" I said grabbing plates for my roommate and I.
"I need you." He said quickly. I turned my head and tilted my head. "Not that way, I meant a case needs help."
I grabbed cups and placed them down loudly. "Now you need my help?" I said with a tone. "When I tried to offer Fairview a opening of peace, no one took it."
"I know, and we are terribly sorry." He said rubbing his forehead. "This case needs help,Pippa."
I poured myself pre-made green tea and grabbed some ice. I then looked at him and took a drink of my tea.
"Fine."
He got up and shook my hand. "Thank you Pippa. Meet us tomorrow at the station."
I lead him to the front door and opened it for him. He walked out and I closed the door. I put a hand to my chest as I felt nervous and scared.
I'm going back home.
———————————————

WEDNESDAY - 2:12 PM

As I pulled into the parking lot of the station, I saw a familiar car.
Ravi's.
Oh no. He's here, meaning they are all there. As I pulled into a empty parking space. I turned the engine off and opened my door. I closed my door and grabbed my keys, locking it. I took a deep breath and put on my serious face. I walked up to the door and pulled it open. I walked past the new receptionist and toward Detective Hawkins office. The door was closed and just before I can open it I hear his voice.
Ravi's.
"Who was the other person coming over?" He asked.
I opened the door and saw Detective Hawkins get out his seat to shake my hand. I tried to avoid their gaze as hard as I can. If I looked at them, I would break.
"Nice to see you again Pippa." He said with a soft smile.
"Well you did bother me at my dorm." I said leaning against the wall.
"Okay, His name is Johnathan Adams, he was murdered recently in the Fairview park at 12:34PM." Detective Hawkins says handing me a file of the reports of everything. "Then another person named Lilith browns, who was murdered in the same park at 6:23 AM, she called 911 saying that someone was following her."
"Was there any suspects who saw Johnathan and Lilith before going to the park?" I asked placing the files in my tote bag.
"A girl named Amanda Gonzalez seen both of them before the incidents of both victims." He said giving me a report of Amanda. "She's our main suspect."
"How does Amanda know them?" I questioned Detective Hawkins as he wrote down the questions I asked. "Where could they meet before 12:34 and 6:23?"
"Look into the report, It was just made right now later." He said typing something. "Are you guys up for it?"
I took a look at my nails and then at detective Hawkins. "Always. I must leave now, thank you for the information." I said making my way to the door.
"I will contact you when I find anything out Pippa." He said before getting interrupted by a call.
I pull the door open and walk into the hallway, grabbing my phone out. I text my roommate:
"Coming back home, Make sure you give the letter to Bennett!!"
As I pulled the front door open, a light breeze welcomed me. That was awkward as they sat there watching me and what I said. I continued to walk to my car until I hear someone calling me. I didn't stop. I unlocked my car quickly, and opened my car door. I hopped in and started the car. As I was about to put my car in reverse, someone pounded on my window. I stopped my car quickly and looked to see Cara.
Uh oh.
I rolled down my window and tilted my head slightly. "Yes?"
She fought tears in her eyes and wrapped her hands around herself. "Are you okay?" She took a deep breath and looked at me again. "You haven't contacted us since you moved out.."
It was time. I braced myself for none of my emotions to come out. "I'm fine, I been busy with school that's it.." I said tapping on my wheel. This conversation needs to stop now before I tell them why.
"Did something happen at Columbia?" She said back. "You seem off-" She was Interrupted by Conner, Maddy, and Ravi.
"Cara, let her leave." Conner said.
"No- She-" she said pointing at me. "Let me talk to her.."
"Cara-" Conner started.
"Shut up Conner!" Cara yelled.
"Cara-" Ravi said.
"No! Let me speak!" She yelled. "Did we do something to offend you?"
"I really need to go. I still have classes to attend." I said rolling my window up and putting my car in reverse. I looked up to see Cara trying not to cry and Conner holding her down from running after the car. Maddy and Ravi stared at me, with such emotion in their eyes. Maddy backed up and hugged Conner and Cara well Ravi stared. Ravi's eyes told me he's been hurting. I regretting leaving them again so I put my foot on the brakes and reached for the button of the window l.
I rolled it down back again. "We can discuss the case soon-I have things to do today." I cleared my throat as I felt my voice losing itself. "We can meet- I don't know... maybe Friday?" I saw maddy nod and she waved at me. I wanted to wave back and hug that red head so bad but I fought the urge and reached for the button for the window.
I rolled it back down and drove out the parking lot. I put my blinker on and quickly pressed on the gas petal. I merged into a lane and looked back to see them staring my car down with hurt emotions.
I really am sorry for everything I caused.
———————————————
WORD COUNT: 1600
NOTE:
Hope this case is better then the others- cause I really hope it is. I look back at my first case that I wrote and it was very off. Anyway, drink some water and love you all reading this!!
———————————————
CASE #3 OPENED