0「having a talk」3

"Mmm!" Her eyes widened at the flavor. It was like all of her favorite aspects of pizza had been highlighted; it had to be the best thing she'd ever eaten! Mihoko's eyes flew to her new guardian, just who was he that he could create things out of thin air?

There wasn't anything weird about his appearance other than his obvious foreign ancestry. His hair was a sort of pink, but it gradually became more of a rich maroon as it was tied in a low ponytail. His eyes were a light purple, which was soothing somehow. His clothes were simple too, just sweatpants and a hoodie with a white shirt peeking out the top. He looked normal, despite the subtle vibe that said he was the exact opposite.

"Did you choose which room you wanted?" Izak suddenly asked, drawing the girl out of her thoughts. Mihoko slowly shook her head, so Izak sat back in his chair. "Well take your time, we have all day. I'm going to take a nap in a bit since I'm short on sleep, but feel free to wake me up if you need anything," He informed her before going back to eating his last two pizza slices.

Mihoko didn't know what it was, but something about this conversation made her feel good, like she was his equal or something. That thought made her reminisce about some of the other homes she'd been to, so to get away from those thoughts, she busied herself by taking measured nibbles on her pizza. It still tasted amazing, and she was going to savor it.

Before she knew it, Izak stood up and left without another word, going straight to his room as his finished plate disappeared. It was then that she realized that Izak had never explained his quirk to her, but she decided not to pry. If it gave her this good of food, she could keep her mouth shut for that. She'd kept her mouth shut for much less.

As soon as she had finished the pizza left on her plate, the dish disappeared just like Izak's had. For the next few minutes, Mihoko simply explored her new home. The couches in the living room were really nice and plush, and the TV was bigger than she'd ever seen before. The bathroom wasn't the biggest she'd been in, but it was still larger than the little girl was used to. The bath and shower area was normal sized, and the toilet was a usual size, but the sink was kind of fancy with one of those waterfall faucets.

Mihoko barely looked in the laundry room since that was somewhere she had little experience with, so instead of lingering in the hallway, she went into the bedroom attached to the bathroom. She figured that she would leave the master bedroom alone so that if any guests came and stayed the night, they could enjoy that luxury. With that decided, Mihoko went to the living room and grabbed her suitcase, hauling it to her new room.

Unpacking went just as quickly as packing had, and soon the brunette deemed her room Mihoko-ified. All of her clothes were in the closet, her black sheep plush was on the bed, and her nightlight was plugged in and ready to use.

After that, Mihoko returned to the living room where she turned on the TV and flipped through the channels. Her eyes lit up when one of her favorite shows appeared on screen, and she set the remote down to give the show her full attention. Before she even realized it, the sun was going down and the doorbell rang.

"We need to talk," Aizawa told Mihoko as Izak yawned. The dark haired hero had just come into the main living area after Izak had let him in, and he moved over to the table. Izak followed suit and sat down, looking a mix between bored and still sleepy. Mihoko took her seat after the adult claimed a chair, and so the talk began. "You'll both be starting school tomorrow," He informed them, making them both blink.

"That sure was fast," Izak leaned back in his chair, regarding his handler with curiosity.

"Yes, but not much will be going on for you," Aizawa said to the maroonette. "As for you," He glanced at Mihoko. "There's an elementary school a few blocks from here, Izak will take you tomorrow morning. There's also something I need to explain to you," He folded his hands on top of the table, giving her a serious look. Mihoko wanted to gulp, but held back and stayed firm. "I need you to watch Morgan when I'm not with him."

"Apparently I'm dangerous," the teen huffed a sigh that looked more like an exaggerated yawn.

"You are extremely dangerous," Aizawa glared at him. "Raised in captivity, not knowing right from wrong, being able to manipulate every atom in the world anytime you want, explain to me how you're not dangerous, Morgan."

"I get the jist of right and wrong, Shota, but--"

"This isn't the states, brat," Aizawa activated his quirk and glared at the boy. "Use surnames to address everyone you meet here unless they give you express permission to use their given names."

"That was a really round about way of telling me you don't like the sound of your first name," Izak rubbed his eye boredly. "But whatever you want, Aizawa."

"Excuse me," Mihoko spoke up, causing her two elders to give her their attention. "H-how can I help watch him? I don't have a quirk, so..."

"That's exactly why you're perfect for this task," Aizawa told her sincerely. "Because you don't have a quirk, Izak won't feel threatened by you, and you can be by his side and be his voice of reason in your day to day lives. Here," Aizawa handed a chain to the little girl. "If you press the gem, it will signal all the police in the area that Izak is using his quirk."

"W-why would they need to know?" Mihoko thought that it was a little excessive, but then again, the person's description of her guardian's quirk really did sound terrifyingly powerful.

"He's not allowed to use his quirk at all unless he is given express permission, and even then I have to be with him so I can stop him if he goes too far," The hero explained. "The gem won't move unless it's your finger that pushes it, so there won't be any accidental incidents. Can you do it?" He asked, and Mihoko looked at Izak. He was rubbing his other eye, making her frown. Then she returned her gaze to the man sitting opposite her, and nodded.