3「first round winner」0

"The leader is putting distance between him and the students stuck at The Fall. It hasn't been announced how many competitors will make it through to the next round, so there's no time to relax," Mic said, watching as Todoroki found himself at the next obstacle. "And now, we're finally approaching the last obstacle. Everyone had better tread carefully~ You're stepping onto a minefield!"

"If you look carefully, you can see where those little bombs are buried, so keep your eyes on the ground, folks!" The hero grinned deviously. "By the way, those landmines were designed for the games so they might be loud and flashy, but they're not all that powerful~" He shrugged, then grabbed the back of his head dramatically. "Just enough to make you wet your pants!"

"Get a hold of yourself," Aizawa was not into it.

"Just like that, a new student takes the lead!" Present Mic announced as Bakugo blasted past Todoroki, then attacked him. "The media here is going crazy! There's nothing they love more than an upset!" Mic leaned forward. "Hey hey hey, the rest of the competitors are catching up too! And what's this?! Can our two leaders fight each other and stay in front of the competition?"

"Well this is interesting," Izak observed the mine field in front of him, having teleported from the other side of The Fall since he didn't feel like actually attempting that obstacle. Some people were getting blasted sky high and some were quickly making their way around the traps instead of risking it.

Then, there was Midoriya. "Whatcha doing?" Izak asked, squatting next to the greenette and startling him a bit.

"Ack!" He whipped to face him, then his face lit up. "Izak, hi. Oh, this? Um," He nervously looked around, but no one was paying attention to them, focusing only on getting themselves further ahead. "I'm trying to get enough bombs to make a huge explosion," He explained, causing the maroonette to nod.

"How many do you think you'll need?" Izak probed.

"Uh," He glanced down at the pile he already had going, then smiled with a slight sweatdrop. "More than this?"

"Fair enough, let me help," Izak snapped with his left hand, causing several of the nearby landmines to unbury themselves and float over to Midoriya's pile. "Well, good luck then."

"T-Thank you!" Midoriya said as his trainer peaced out to get away from what he knew was going to be a ridiculously large explosion. Once he saw that he was a good distance away, Midoriya took the robot panel that he'd grabbed on a hunch on his way, then activated his quirk, ran towards the pile, and jumped on it.

Izak made the air around him thicken so that the debris, dirt and anything else coming at him wouldn't actually touch him. Watching his pupil fly through the air was somewhat satisfying, so he hummed to himself as he went forward, his hands back in his pockets. "WHAT'S WITH THAT HUGE EXPLOSION IN THE BACK?! THAT WAS WAY MORE POWERFUL THAN IT SHOULD BE!" Mic fussed.

"WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED?!" The hero gawked as the lone figure flying through the air was identified. "Whatever the case, class 1A's Izuku Midoriya is suddenly in hot pursuit of first place!"

"WHOAAAAAAA!" The crowd went wild as the boy sailed past the two in first place.

"Actually, he's taken the lead!" Mic yelled.

"DEKU, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING, HUH?!" Bakugo was instantly going after him, no longer concerned with Todoroki, though the two toned student wasn't far behind as he used his ice to catch up.

"Look at that plot twist!" The blonde pro hero grinned deviously. "Those two aren't fighting anymore~ they're chasing Midoriya! That's what having a common enemy will do in this competition! This fight is still far from over, though."

"Izzy is being so lazy!" Mihoko cried angrily as she sat with the teachers. "He could have totally taken first place already! Dang it, I wanted to brag to everyone that my Izzy was the sports fest winner," She complained, causing Thirteen to pat her shoulder.

"There there, I'm sure it's for the best. Remember, Izak usually isn't supposed to use his powers, and today is no exception."

"Actually," All Might butted in. "Midnight said she was going to let him use his quirk if he wanted to."

"SEE, HE'S JUST BEING LAZY!" Mihoko pointed to the screen that was showing the laggers at the back of the minefield.

"In a stunning move," Mic's voice came over the speakers again, drawing everyone's attention to another explosion made by, you guessed it, Midoriya. "Midoriya has blasted past his classmates from 1A. I don't believe it!" He shouted. "He cleared that minefield in an instant! Eraserhead, your students are amazing! What the heck are you teaching them?!"

"This has nothing to do with me," Aizawa denied, knowing it had everything to do with Izak's training as Midoriya, equipped with green sparks flying across his body, sped through the rest of the track. "They each got fired up on their own.

"There you have it! Eraserhead is a terrible teacher!"

"I'm what--"

"Who could've predicted the developments at the beginning or this conclusion?! Right now, the first person back in the stadium is the first place winner--Izuku Midoriya is our champion!" Present Mic howled as the greenette came rushing into the light of the coliseum.

Slowly but surely, everyone else caught up, including Izak who was purposefully the fiftieth contestant back in the stadium. "Izak! Izak, I did it!" Midoriya bounded over to him, beaming so brightly Izak almost shielded his eyes.

"Yeah, I saw. Good job, Midoriya," He patted him on the head, making the boy tear up. "None of that," The maroonette was instantly flicking him, causing the greenette to flinch and hold the place that had been flicked.

"Ow.."

"Wait until the entire thing is over, then cry," Izak said, so Midoriya steeled himself and nodded.

"Right."

"The contestants are pouring in one after the other!" Mic said over the broadcast. "Let's here some applause for all our competitors as we compare the results~"

"The first game for the first years is finally over, what a game it was," Midnight announced. "Now let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?" She smirked as the leaderboard appeared so show everyone who was moving on to the next round.

"Oh good," Izak found that he was not on the list, considering the number of contestants was only up to number forty two.

"Only the top forty two will advance to the next round, but don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut~" The R-rated hero reminded them. "We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine, mmm," She licked her lips. "Now the real fun is about to begin."