0「first day」5

Izak was the first to arrive in the Class 1A classroom considering he was thirty minutes early, so he made his way over to the last desk protruding from the farthest row and sat down, plopping his bag down behind him. Scooching up a bit and making himself comfortable, Izak leaned his head back and began to snooze.

People started coming in a bit later, some chatting and causing a racket, but Izak just tuned them out. Even when someone special that a prim and proper guy seemed to respect a lot showed up with a cheery girl, Izak kept his eyes closed and just breathed. Sometimes breathing freaked him out because if he really thought about it, he could feel each and every molecule going into his mouth and into his airway. He just had to not think about it, that was the key.

And then a wild Aizawa appeared. "If you're just here to make friends you can pack up your stuff now," He said, causing Izak's eyes to open. Weirdly, he wasn't at the front of the class, and by the commotion by the door, it seemed like he was outside it. "Welcome to UA's hero course," The hero continued, and Izak heard something being zipped and something that sounded like sucking. The atoms said Aizawa was in a sleeping bag with an apple juice pouch and a bunch of other things inside it, causing the boy to sweatdrop.

"It took eight second for you all to shut up," He said as he stood up and shed his sleeping bag, revealing his black outfit. "That's not going to work." He kept going. "Time is precious, rational students would understand that."

All of the students looked confused with wide eyes as they stared at him, all except the one in the corner who just raised his eyebrows at the appearance. Did he ever change into anything else? "Hello, I'm Shota Aizawa, your teacher."

Everyone gasped at the news. "Alright, let's get to it." He muttered, producing a PE uniform from the sleeping bag. "Put these on and head outside." Aizawa told the class, then moved over to where Izak was. "You get to go to orientation. So, will you be able to get there yourself or do I need to walk you?"

"As much as you want me to be, I'm not some kind of a pet anymore," Izak replied as he stood up, and the man scowled at him.

"Then get going."

"Kay," He maneuvered through his classmates until he reached the door, and then Izak was off down the hallway. It wasn't hard to find orientation, since everyone else was going there. Once most people were seated, Izak migrated over to the row that was empty, since that was most likely where class 1A was supposed to be.

Orientation went as one would expect, and soon everyone was let loose. Izak stayed sitting until the area was mostly deserted so that he didn't have to go through a bunch of people crowding the walkway. Right as he stood up, he noticed someone ambling towards him. "Hello Principal Nezu," He greeted the mammel, who hummed with a smile.

"Yes, hello Morgan. I hear you arrived just yesterday, are you doing alright?" He inquired, causing the boy to shrug.

"Yeah I'm fine, I slept off the jetlag," Izak told the principal.

"That's good to hear. Now, I see that Erasure is doing his own thing again," Nezu mused. "So shall I accompany you back to class?"

"If you don't have anything better to do, I don't see why not," He said, so with that established, the two transversed the hallway, exchanging idle chatter along the way until they finally made it back to class 1A's room.

"I'll see you later, Morgan, and I hope you have a good rest of your day," Nezu smiled, and Izak nodded to him.

"Thanks, you too," He said, sliding the door open and slipping inside. No one was back yet, but there was a stack of papers on the podium so Izak decided to investigate. They were syllabuses, so he took one to see what was going to be happening. Looks like some standard stuff, he thought to himself as he read through it. Aizawa soon appeared, raising an eyebrow at Izak back in his desk with the syllabus in front of him.

"If you're done reading that, you can go home," He said.

"Cool," Izak stood up, shoving the paper in his bag before hoisting it over his shoulder. "You coming for dinner tonight Aizawa?"

"No, I've seen enough of you for one day."

"If you say so. Then I'll see you tomorrow for actual class," He inclined his head as he passed him, and off he went. Aizawa frowned after him, but didn't say anything else as he redonned his sleeping bag and went down for a nap.

It didn't take long for Izak to make his way home, and since they had gotten done before lunch, he was able to make himself some food once he'd arrived. Mihoko wasn't home yet, but he wasn't worried since he expected her to be in school until 3ish. Since he didn't like being overbearing, he'd said she could be out until 8pm, but honestly she could stay out until 11pm and he wouldn't really worry. If it struck midnight and she wasn't back, he'd go get her, but other than that, Mihoko was free to do what she wanted with her day.

Even though Izak had mostly slept off the jetlag the day before, he still took a two hour nap after eating. When he woke up, he heard the TV on, so the boy assumed that Mihoko was home. Thus, he came out of his room and opened the living room's door, and sure enough, she was on the couch. "Hey," He greeted as he walked over and sat on the other couch.

"Hi," She nodded to him, about to pass over the remote but he shook his hand.

"Don't mind me, you were here first so you can keep watching. How was your first day?"

"...It was okay," She smiled slightly. The people there hadn't hated her, and she'd even call a few of her classmates acquaintances. Mihoko wasn't sure if they could be called friends yet, though, but she wished they could be.

"Good. Found your way back too, you did good," he snapped with his left hand, and a mug appeared on the table. Instantly the girl lit up, causing the teen's lips to upturn slightly at the sight. She was a cute girl, and he liked her smile better than her nervous or emotionless expression.

I'm not one to talk though since I'm about as expressive as a stone, Izak deadpanned at himself before sighing and sort of melting into the cushions of the couch. The rest of the night went well, and the two retired and slept like newborns.