0「training starts」9

"Bakugo, come in! Give me a status report," Iida requested after another loud sound. "Where are you?"

"Just shut up and defend the weapon!" Bakugo's angry voice returned. "I've got more important things to worry about."

"Are you forgetting what our mission is? Hello?" The connection was cut. "He hung up on me! This isn't the time for radio silence! We're supposed to be partners!" The teen protested. "Ahhhhg! Izak this is ridiculous!"

"Yeah, I agree," He replied boredly. "But if you think about it strategically, this could be a good set up. Bakugo is better at close combat than I assume you are, sorry."

"No, it's fine. Just something I need to improve. Please, go on with your explanation," Iida seemed to get really into what Izak was saying, so the maroonette went on.

"Sending him out to take out the so called heroes while you're here guarding me is better than sending you out, or you both out. If both of you are gone, if the heroes somehow get past you before you find them or escape you, then it would be easy for them to claim me. It would be equally as bad if Bakugo was the one to stay here, since he seems more destructive than protective if you know what I mean. He's more likely to blow the weapon up than to protect it."

"Ah, I see, thank you for that enlightening insight," He seemed to start thinking hard about the situation before opening his mouth again. "Bakugo definitely has a villainous side, and that's exactly what we need to succeed in this mission. Hmmm.. I need to temperaily devote myself to criminal intent. Yes, I won't fail this trial and risk bringing shame down on the Iida family name. That means.. I must now embrace evil to become a hero!"

"You're taking this a bit too seriously but go off I guess," Izak hummed, shifting slightly.

"Whoa, Izak stop moving, you're about to fall over!" Iida quickly stabilized the outside of the weapon.

"Sorry, my knees were numb."

"Can you not control the atoms in your own body?" Iida questioned. He realized he probably shouldn't encourage his classmate to use his quirk, but he was curious.

"I can, but I don't like to. That dick incident really felt weird, so unless I absolutely have to, I don't like doing it," He explained with a sigh. Iida found that new information very reasonable, since the feeling of your own body changing must not be pleasant.

"I completely understand--" He paused as a weird noise was heard. "Uraraka, is that you?"

"Uh--" She stepped out into the room cautiously, causing Izak to deadpan. Rookie move.

"I knew you would come here alone the instant that Bakugo ran off by himself and engaged with Midoriya!" Iida pointed at her while using a slightly higher pitch, probably trying to sound dastardly as he would put it. "Your quirk allows you to float anything that you touch, but I've prepared for that~ by hiding every object in this room so you have nothing to use against me, do-gooder! My dastardly tricks have rendered you helpless! You've blundered, hero! Muahahahahaa!"

"He's really.. playing the part.." The girl sweatdropped before pressing the side of her helmet. "Um, Deku?"

"I'm here, how's it going?" He responded instantly.

"Iida knows that I'm here, sorry, but now he's monologuing." Uraraka informed him.

"Where are you?"

"Near the middle of the fifth floor!"

"Right above me," Midoriya realized, then tsked. Izak stopped listening after that, finding Iida's monologuing too annoying to keep listening to. Suddenly, a huge explosion sounded from right underneath them, causing the three on the fifth floor to wobble.

"Bakugo, answer me!" Iida pressed against his helmet. "What is going on down there? Did you cause that blast? Give me a status update, now!" And then Uraraka started charging in, only for Iida to meet her head on. "Not so fast hero!" She then made herself float and jumped, flying over Iida and straight for the weapon. "Since when can she make herself float?!"

"Release!" She called out, but Iida quickly moved the weapon before she could get her hands on it.

"Ow." Izak's head smacked against the inside of the weapon from the speed of being moved.

"My apologies, Izak," Iida muttered before turning to the person he was facing off against. "Admirable attempt! But your quirk's no threat if you can't touch anything. I could easily keep this weapon out of your reach until time runs out! Muahaahhaha!"

"Come in, what's the situation?" Midoriya's voice came from Uraraka's earpiece a second later.

"It's not good!"

"Bakugo," Suddenly, All Might's voice came over the speakers. "Use that stored up power again and I'll stop this fight. Your team will lose."

"HUH?!" It was pretty easy to hear the blonde now that the side of the building was blown to bits and pieces.

"To deploy such a strong attack indoors is inviting the destruction of the stronghold you should be protecting!" All Might continued. "That's a poor strategy whether you're a hero or a villain. The penalty would be a massive loss of points."

"AHHHHH!" A frustrated yell sounded after a second, and then Deku's voice came over the com to Uraraka again.

"The pillar by the window, get there now," He instructed. It took a few seconds, but his voice sounded again. "Uraraka now!"

"Right!" She hugged the pillar, and then the floor of the upper levels were ripped up and shot upwards in a gust of powerful wind.

"What's happening!?" Iida gaped at the hole in the floor.

"This is it!" Uraraka grinned. "Sorry Iida! Improvised special move, bat comet homerun!" She used the pillar as a bat and shot the debris at the poor villain, causing him to reel back.

"In the name of villainy, I demand that you stop this!" He shielded his face with his arms as he was pelted, and before he knew it, the hero had flopped onto the weapon in a fullbody hug.

"I've got it!" She declared.

"Gah, nooo! The weapon! Izak no!!!!"