3「healing scars」9

As Iida and Shiozaki went out for their match, Izak waited at the end of the hallway for Todoroki to come by him. When he trudged towards him in a sort of angry slump, the maroonette could have laughed, but didn't as he snapped his fingers.

Instantly, the loser of the first match of the second round felt rejuvenated, no longer cold and no longer in pain. He honestly thought he could see a bit better too, so maybe some dirt had gotten into his eye. "Thank you, but you should go look after Midoriya, he broke almost all of his fingers again," Todoroki told the healer, but Izak only shrugged.

"He can deal with that for a bit, I wanted to talk to you but you seem a bit preoccupied," He commented, tilting his head slightly as the boy came to a stop in front of him, pursing his lips.

"I.." He took in a deep breath, looking at his hand. "I thought I would win without that bastard's quirk."

"I don't recall Endeavor using his quirk," Izak remarked, causing the two-toned boy to scoff.

"Don't joke about this," Todoroki grumbled. "As long as I'm a hero, I'll only use ice. I can't stand to think," He seethed. "That my father would get the satisfaction of seeing me use his fire."

"Todoroki," The maroonette almost facepalmed. "You do realize your quirk doesn't allow you to manipulate his fire, right?"

"..Huh?" The way Izak had phrased that statement made this classmate question his line of thought, so Izak went on to explain as he stepped closer, touching his pointer finger to Todoroki's chest.

"You can't control the fire that Endeavor has created around himself in that grandeur costume of his." He said sternly, and Todoroki felt his mind reel for a second.

"Of course not--"

"Neither can he control the fire you create," He poked him again. "Therefore, it is not his fire. The fire that appears from your left side comes from you alone, and has nothing to do with Endeavor. If he died, you would still have power."

"...That's actually a comforting thought," A small smile appeared on the boy's face as he looked down at the ground. If he dies, I'll still have my quirk.. My quirk.. Todoroki felt weird thinking the word 'my' since he usually separated both of his sides by using 'mom's' quirk or using 'dad's' quirk.

"Well, I said all I came to say, so I'll see you later," Izak patted the boy's head, which caught Todoroki off guard. Before he could process it and protest, the healer was gone from sight. Reaching up, Todoroki felt the top of his head, how the hair was just slightly out of place, but warm.

That felt nice, he decided as he petted it back to normal. Perhaps he wouldn't protest if Izak did that again, even if he had to smooth his hair out each time. No, he didn't think he would mind at all.

"Oh, you're back," Kaminari greeted as Todoroki strode down the steps into the 1A seating area. Glancing at him, he nodded briefly, only to pause as a shocked look passed over several people's faces.

"What's wrong?" Todoroki questioned, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Uh," Sero awkwardly tapped the the bottom of his eye. "You're scar is gone."

"..What?" The two-toned boy's eyes were blown wide, his pupils shrinking at the excess light even as his mind was reeling. Once he'd actually processed the information, he covered the formerly scarred eye and made a mad dash to the restroom.

Slamming his hands on the counter, Todoroki panted hard

Slamming his hands on the counter, Todoroki panted hard. The mirror in front of him was showing him an image he hadn't seen since before his mother went to the mental institution. No, he reminded himself as he carefully touched the skin around his eye, so longer finding scarred skin but clear, moist and healthy skin. I've never seen this sight before.

A single tear dropped down his cheek.

Meanwhile, Izak had found Midoriya in the nurse's office, sitting on one of the beds as Recovery Girl berated him for his recklessness. "I'll take it from here, granny," The maroonette said as he rounded the cot, catching both people's attention.

"Oh, you're here."

"Granny?" Midoriya looked uncomfortable with how informal that word was, but the two healers ignored him.

"Playing favorites, huh Morgan?" The old lady gave him a look, but Izak just shrugged as he knelt in front of the greenette.

"I already got to Todoroki so Midoriya is the only one left to fix up," He summed up, his hand glowing as he ran it a few millimeters away from the boy's broken fingers.

"Hmm, I thought you said you usually use your quirk by snapping?" Recovery Girl watched the action with narrowed and curious eyes.

"That's the quick and easy way," Izak muttered, keeping mostly focused on healing his reckless student. "By channeling the instructions from my hands to a specific area on the person's body, the atoms only fix that direct part instead of fixing everything wrong with the body. For example," Izak glanced at the nurse. "By snapping, I could get rid of the person's scuffed knee and also accidentally cure their undiagnosed cancer."

"Oh my," Recovery Girl held a hand over her mouth. "Now that's interesting."

"That's amazing, Izak!" Midoriya exclaimed. "Now I really have to write that down in my notebook!"

"Go for it, you're good to go," Izak said as he finished up restoring the broken fingers. The greenette flexed them a bit before bouncing up and bounding away to do just that. Just then, Midnight's voice echoed around from the sound system.

"Ashido is out of bounds, Tokoyami will advance!" She announced as the stands went wild. As Izak headed back up to the sitting area, Present Mic started going on about Bakugo and Kirishima's match, which had just started.

"Bakugo's having a heck of a time dodging Kirishima's fierce attacks!" He commentated, then made a surprised noise. "Whhattaat?! Bakugo's still trying ta win! But what's this?! It seems to be working this time!" Present Mic howled. Izak surfaced just in time to see his pupil knock Kirishima out with consecutive explosions and a loud exclamation of DIE!

Izak just sweatdropped, did that really have to be his catchphrase?