4「semifinals」0

(Comment goal is 10, so good luck and happy reading!)

"THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SEMIFINALS!" Present Mic yelled over the speakers. This is going to be quite the interesting matchup, Izak thought to himself as he observed Iida and Midoriya in the ring, staring each other down. "From the hero course, Iida Tenya! Verses~ classmate, Midoriya Izuku!" Their names were announced, and a few seconds later, the voice hero hollered. "START!"

Instantly, Midoriya was charged up to 5% of his power and moving towards Iida, who also ran straight at him. "Oooo, another intense physical fight!" Mic keened as the two started a weird dance of dodging while also trying to grab hold of the other to drag them out of bounds.

This time, Midoriya swept his leg under Iida, who jumped to avoid the obvious trip up, only to gasp as he was caught and thrown, landing only barely in-bounds. "Whoa, that was close!" Mic grinned. "But Midoriya isn't giving Iida any time to recover!"

As he said this, the greenette had charged at Iida, intent on finishing the match, but the class rep dodged and started running. No more was he going to play the grab game of earlier, he was going to run until Midoriya was as disoriented as he could possibly make him. Plus, there was no way Midoriya was faster than he was.

So there the greenette stood, having retreated back to the center of the arena, barely being able to see his classmate going around him. In that moment, Midoriya closed his eyes and upped his percentage to 6. Izak raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything as his pupil managed to pinpoint where Iida would be and move in an instant to that spot and shove the poor man out of bounds.

"Iida is out of bounds, Midoriya advances!" Midnight announced, and Mic eagerly followed up.

"Midoriya moves onto the finals with a shocking display of intuition and prediction! You're got some amazing students, Erasure!"

"Leave me alone already."

"Ahahahaha you don't mean that~ And now, Bakugo verses Tokoyami!" The voice hero proclaimed as the first semifinalists exited the stage and the second match of the semifinals started. "Bakugo's rush is unstoppable! Todoyami has advanced this far with his almost invincible quirk, but this time he's completely focused on defense! Whoa, Bakugo got behind Tokoyami!"

Right as the blonde landed, he turned and let off a big explosion. "How am I supposed to commentate when I can't see?!" Present Mic demanded. "What's happening?"

"Tokoyami gives up," Midnight cracked her whip thingy as the smoke finally began to disapate. "Bakugo is the winner of this match!"

"That means our final fight will be between Midoriya and Bakugo!" Present Mic surmised eagerly. "They've both been frontrunners of the tournament, but which one will win in the end? Stick around to find out!"

"So you were here," Todoroki said, having finally come out of the bathroom. At first he had gone to the 1A sitting area, but when Izak hadn't returned, he had gone to look for him, finding him a ways away from the sitting section and leaning against the railing.

"Did you need something?" The maroonette asked as he glanced back at the boy, raising an eyebrow at the weird look on his face. "What?"

"...Thank you.. for healing my scar," He mumbled, moving his gaze from the floor to Izak's face several times in the process. Izak blinked, finally seeing the change he had accidentally made.

"Oh, sure. I didn't even notice," He exhaled sharper than usual, making the two-toned boy smile slightly. For some reason, he felt freer now, even more so than when he had finally accepted the fact that his quirk was his own, not his mom's or his dad's.

"Shall we go sit down?" Todoroki asked, fidgeting awkwardly until the maroonette glanced back at him and pushed off from the railing.

"Sure, lead the way," Izak said, so with a nod, the two returned to the sitting section one after the other.

Meanwhile, Midoriya was in his waiting area, his elbows on the table with his hands folded in front of his nose as he mumbled to himself, trying to figure out how he was going to beat his childhood friend. For whatever reason, he just couldn't see himself winning against him. Not only was Bakugo his real life idol, Izak had admitted to training him too.

Right as he was about to spiral down into despair, the door was kicked open.

Bakugo and Midoriya gawked at each other for a split second before both of their expressions morphed, one into an even angrier look while the other took on a petrified look. "What the hell are you doing in here Deku?" Bakugo snarled. "This is my space to--uh, crap, this is waiting room number two?!" He grimaced before sighing.

"Y-yeah, b-b-but i-i-i-its okay!" The greenette waved his hands in front of him placatingly.

"Tch, shut up loser," The blonde sneered, stalking towards him with narrowed eyes. Midoriya almost instantly paled with fear as he attempted to scoot away from the incoming threat, but Bakugo was faster. "Hey, Izak trained you, right?" He asked, one hand on the back of his opponent's chair as his opposite leg trapped Midoriya in that chair.

"Y-yes," The boy squeaked, his eyes darting around nervously.

"Then you'd better bring everything you've got, nerd," Bakugo said, leaning closer so their faces were only mere inches apart. "This fight will prove to Izak which one of us was worth his time. Just so you know," He moved away, causing the chair to tilt a bit and making the boy in the chair freak out to try and stabilize it. "That borrowed power of yours won't be enough to beat me."

And just like that, the blonde left Midoriya in the waiting room, heading towards the one he knew was going to be empty. The greenette finally managed to stabilize himself, panting slightly from the mental exertion that had taken place.

He almost hadn't heard what Bakugo said. Almost.

I really shouldn't have told him, the boy put his face in his hands.